+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent residence and student visa

faistoronto

Jun 13, 2010
Hi everyone,
I am a canadian citizen sponsoring my wife from Bangladesh. According to e-cas, wife's PR application has started being processed on November 26,2009. However, I just recieved the CAIPS notes on June 7th,2010 and it shows that the bring forward date for her application is September 22, 2010.

Now, my wife has got admission to a university in canada and her sememster starts on September,2010. If she can't be here before September(which will happen since the bring forward date for her application is not till September 22nd), she will have to wait till September 2011 to start her university in Canada again. So, my first thought was to apply for a student visa with the admission offer she recieved.

However, some people are saying it might impact her immigration process and her student visa request will most likely get rejected since she has already applied for immigration. Can anyone please share some thoughts on this? Its been very frustrating in this situation. She can't start studying in Bangladesh either since the university program she got admission to will not consider the credits from Bangladesh.

Can she or should she apply for the student visa in this case?

I would really appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks.

vinz

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 7, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb. 15, 2009
Med's Request
Dec. 10, 2009
Med's Done....
April 5, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 10, 2010
I suggest if you could visit the nearest Visa Office or Immigration with this matter. You need to have an answer on this query since your wife will be in school soon.

Goodluck and God bless!