+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Moving from Michigan to Windsor

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Hello Team Members,

I just have one question to all of you. I have done soft landing and quarantine for 14 days in Canada in July and came back to USA. As of now, I will not get my PR card. So , my question is as I am planning to move permanently to Canada in October, Can I travel by road now on passport and COPR on Uhaul truck? This time when I am going permanently, Will again I have to quarantine or if I will tell to immigration officer that I am essential worker then no need to quarantine??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Team Members,

I just have one question to all of you. I have done soft landing and quarantine for 14 days in Canada in July and came back to USA. As of now, I will not get my PR card. So , my question is as I am planning to move permanently to Canada in October, Can I travel by road now on passport and COPR on Uhaul truck? This time when I am going permanently, Will again I have to quarantine or if I will tell to immigration officer that I am essential worker then no need to quarantine??
Yes - you can come with your passport and COPR.

Whether you will need to quarantine will depend on the details. Are you an essential worker in Canada and can you provide evidence of this job?

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Yes - you can come with your passport and COPR.

Whether you will need to quarantine will depend on the details. Are you an essential worker in Canada and can you provide evidence of this job?
I am essential worker in USA and if I want to travel to USA for Job, then I will travel...Correct?

Oct 10, 2020
You can travel by road(can not be a public transport such as bus) with COPR. Not sure about quarantine as you are essential worker. Please share your experience of re-entry/permanent move to Canada.