Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
I tried looking this up on the forum... unless my eyes have failed me, I haven't seen this information anywhere. Is the PC-1 letter still mandatory for FBI/State clearances? I know it is no longer in the Country Specific Document Checklist. Did you include or not include it as of late?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Never heard of it. What is it?

nyssa said:
I tried looking this up on the forum... unless my eyes have failed me, I haven't seen this information anywhere. Is the PC-1 letter still mandatory for FBI/State clearances? I know it is no longer in the Country Specific Document Checklist. Did you include or not include it as of late?

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
It used to be on the USA Country Specific Guide when the Appendixes were A-D instead of A-C. I believe it used to be under section B where they gave you the security/police clearance information and then they took it off. But I keep reading that even in 2009 people have sent it in... I'm just wondering if anyone HASN'T sent it in and what difference that makes. You won't find the form on CIC's website from what I understand now, but you can search it online.

It's an authorization by visa applicant for release of police and court records to the Canadian Consulate General. The problem is that it gives you a tiny little box to write you and your spouse's list of all dates and addresses in of residence in ____ (name country or countries). My husband was illegal in the US for ten years and lived in near 20 different places (slight exagguration, haha, but still) so I'd really just prefer not sending this in to the FBI. The FBI website doesn't even list this form as being needed (but then again, it's just a generic list - cover letter, fingerprints, payment - that doesn't include aything about Canadian Immigration, of course).

So basically... summing it up... I'm curious to see how many Buffalo applicants sent in the PC-1 form with their FBI fingerprints, cover letter & payment and whether or not it really makes a difference now.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't need it. I've gotten FBI fingerprints several times for immigration and other purposes and I've never heard of it.

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
I kind of figured as much considering it USED to be on the Guide, and now it isn't anywhere to be found on CIC. I don't have any convictions, so hopefully it won't be an issue anyway. Thank you for telling me you never needed it, at least I know my application won't be delayed because of it. It seems like more of a protocol for the US government than the Canadian, not sure though. Again, if I can avoid explaining my husband's messed up history to the US government at this point in time... I'd much rather go that route, hahaha! Thanks!

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No problem! I should also mention that I got state certificates from CA and NJ and did not have to give this kind of information either. I don't think they use it any more...