+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Payment for Start-up Visa idea

canadastartup

Jul 4, 2021
Hi guys!
I would like to ask your opinions about payment for start-up visa venture.
Some Canadian lawyers and business consultants (or incubators indirectly) ask ten thousands of $ to sell a start-up venture to people who wish apply for PR through Start-up visa.
In some cases the members of a business group even don't know each other.
There are some real cases on this matter. It would be appreciated to have your opinions here.
Thanks

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
@canadastartup - not sure what are you trying to ask? Are you making an observation or are you asking for an opinion if you should go through such lawyers and consultants?

You seem to be a very smart person to have already realized that some lawyers and consultants are trying to circumvent the system and are going against the spirit and intention of the Startup Visa program. So you should know better what to do or not. I don't think anyone here is going to recommend you to use such lawyers and consultants to cheat the system.

If you are a genuine startup founder then you will find a way to apply and get through without such lawyers and consultants. It might take longer time, but you won't waste your money or cheat the system.

canadastartup

Jul 4, 2021
Dear @Startup_Visa
Thanks for your message.
Yes I have a real venture. I couldn't take any incubator confirmation and ask this lawyer and business consultant to help for submitting my venture to an incubator. After few months, they announced me that it is not possible to submit your start-up to an incubator and if you are keen to apply for start-up visa there is a short cut. you can be member of an available venture which is approved already by an incubator . I felt it should not be a legal way but couldn't find any clear statement about this matter. So decided to share here .

Thanks again