+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pay Back to Alberta Government for Medical Expenses it Incurred

nomanahmed

Nov 29, 2017
hi,

I availed some health care benefits in Alberta (Dr. consultation, hospital treatment etc) and I intend to return the money spend on consultation or treatment to government of Alberta. How can I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi,

I availed some health care benefits in Alberta (Dr. consultation, hospital treatment etc) and I intend to return the money spend on consultation or treatment to government of Alberta. How can I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Did you come and deliver your 2nd child in Alberta and leave Canada? If you knew you would not meet theresidency obligation for health are why did you apply? You can call the Alberta healthcare program and speak to someone about not meeting your residency requirements but having used the system and explain that you’d like to pay for the services you were not entitled to.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
hi,

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Seriously, if you knew you weren’t going to stay why even apply for coverage? What is wrong with you people?

nomanahmed

Nov 29, 2017
Did you come and deliver your 2nd child in Alberta and leave Canada? If you knew you would not meet theresidency obligation for health are why did you apply? You can call the Alberta healthcare program and speak to someone about not meeting your residency requirements but having used the system and explain that you’d like to pay for the services you were not entitled to.
That's not the case! I can afford to bear certain expenses for a certain period of time for a certain type of medical treatment and I intend to return a specific part of it, and it is voluntary. I am very much eligible for what I have been given by the government. Instead of appreciating the honesty and encouraging others to do so, you chose to judge my circumstances and made a sweeping statement. If I may request, please avoid posting remarks that are too judgmental, too quick.

Thanks for advise though.

Regards,

nomanahmed

Nov 29, 2017
Seriously, if you knew you weren’t going to stay why even apply for coverage? What is wrong with you people?
Again, too judgmental about people's circumstances, too quick, and a bit derogatory. Please see my reply above, thanks for taking time to write though.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
That's not the case! I can afford to bear certain expenses for a certain period of time for a certain type of medical treatment and I intend to return a specific part of it, and it is voluntary. I am very much eligible for what I have been given by the government. Instead of appreciating the honesty and encouraging others to do so, you chose to judge my circumstances and made a sweeping statement. If I may request, please avoid posting remarks that are too judgmental, too quick.

Regards,
No one who is eligible asks how to pay it back. If you did qualify, AHCIP will not accept payment.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Regards,
I asked questions to find out whether you were actually eligible. If you knew you weren’t eligible it is a very fair questions to ask why did you apply knowing that you weren’t entitled to the services. Based on your past posts it seems like your family was getting ready to have a 2nd child so it is safe to say that is often why people land in Alberta because they have coverage for pregnancy right away. Don’t quite understand how you are wanting to pay back a specific part of care. You were eligible or weren’t eligible not somewhat eligible.

SPIRATY

Star Member
Oct 4, 2019
hospital treatment etc) and I intend to return the money spend on consultation or treatment to government of Alberta. How can I do that?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hospital treatment etc) and I intend to return the money spend on consultation or treatment to government of Alberta. How can I do that?
If you used your health card call Alberta health and declare that you will not be meeting the residency requirement and would like to pay back the services you aren’t entitled to.