+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

passport taking so long to get it back

josepjav

Sep 19, 2019
Hello! I applied for TRV(temporary resident visa) online within Canada, so i get the letter requesting my passport to be sent to Ottawa, i sent it the week after(september 23) my status changed in my IRCC account the next couple of days, i received an email on October 8th from them asking me to confirm my mail address i replied the same day, but its been almost 2 weeks from that and i haven't heard back from them(i have sent 2 more emails but no response), I am really concerned because it's been a month since i sent my passport, any advice?

Alaa Afifah

Star Member
Jul 13, 2021
Hello! I applied for TRV(temporary resident visa) online within Canada, so i get the letter requesting my passport to be sent to Ottawa, i sent it the week after(september 23) my status changed in my IRCC account the next couple of days, i received an email on October 8th from them asking me to confirm my mail address i replied the same day, but its been almost 2 weeks from that and i haven't heard back from them(i have sent 2 more emails but no response), I am really concerned because it's been a month since i sent my passport, any advice?
Hi,
Did you get your passport yet ?
and Can you please share how long it took IRCC office in Ottawa to send your passport back after it's been delivered to them?
and if you don't mind What was the Signatory name tge person who received your passport?
I've sent my passport and I'm very anxious about it and the Signatory name I got is SCI ELEMENT not IRCC
Please share your experience I'm so worried about my passport
Thank you!

josepjav

Sep 19, 2019
Hi,
Did you get your passport yet ?
and Can you please share how long it took IRCC office in Ottawa to send your passport back after it's been delivered to them?
and if you don't mind What was the Signatory name tge person who received your passport?
I've sent my passport and I'm very anxious about it and the Signatory name I got is SCI ELEMENT not IRCC
Please share your experience I'm so worried about my passport
Thank you!
Hello, yes i got it already
so i sent my passport on september 23, they received it the next day, i did't hear from them until October 8 when i got a email asking me to confirm my mailing address (i guess because i put the wrong postal code on the return envelope) days went by and was very anxious at that point but after almost three weeks of that, i finally got my passport back(October 25) . in regards to the signature they didn't provide one.
i know what are you feeling but i am sure you will get it back soon, hope it helps.

Alaa Afifah

Star Member
Jul 13, 2021
so i sent my passport on september 23, they received it the next day, i did't hear from them until October 8 when i got a email asking me to confirm my mailing address (i guess because i put the wrong postal code on the return envelope) days went by and was very anxious at that point but after almost three weeks of that, i finally got my passport back(October 25) . in regards to the signature they didn't provide one.
i know what are you feeling but i am sure you will get it back soon, hope it helps.
Thank you for the answer I appreciate it

Alaa Afifah

Star Member
Jul 13, 2021
One more question if you don't mind
I may have made a mistake by writing down thire adress.
On the envelope you received did they put a sticker over the adress section ?
or they filled the empty adress field you left for them?

Reactions: rarara

rarara

Jan 31, 2022
One more question if you don't mind
I may have made a mistake by writing down thire adress.
On the envelope you received did they put a sticker over the adress section ?
or they filled the empty adress field you left for them?
Hello Alaa, I am in a similar situation. My passport was received and signed by SCI ELEMENT on Dec 30th 2021. Today is Jan 31st 2022 and haven't received any response and no updates on my profile.

Did you get yours yet? Thanks !

Alaa Afifah

Star Member
Jul 13, 2021
Hello Alaa, I am in a similar situation. My passport was received and signed by SCI ELEMENT on Dec 30th 2021. Today is Jan 31st 2022 and haven't received any response and no updates on my profile.

Did you get yours yet? Thanks !
Hi yes I did get mine it took around one week to get it back
Did you use xpress canada post

Can you track it or not ?

And you haven't even got a counterfoil messageon yourprofile?

If not you can call them
Nowadays they're answering

Also you submitted in a tricky time during the holidays season

But don't worry you'll get it
I know it's super frustrating and nerve-wracking

rarara

Jan 31, 2022
Hi yes I did get mine it took around one week to get it back
Did you use xpress canada post

Can you track it or not ?

And you haven't even got a counterfoil messageon yourprofile?

If not you can call them
Nowadays they're answering

Also you submitted in a tricky time during the holidays season

But don't worry you'll get it
I know it's super frustrating and nerve-wracking

Yes I used XpressPost, it says delivered to recipient's delivery partner.
For the one that should be sent From CIC to me it displays not info available, since it hasn't been mailed yet

Nothing on my profile, last message is the request to send passports. Do you mind sharing what other successful messages you received after that ?

Yeah I am worried because it's been a month (calendar). I also missed the deadline due to IRCC email going to junk mail :/

Alaa Afifah

Star Member
Jul 13, 2021
Sorry I can't share the message because it's full with personal information
However it's not a actually a message it like a you get a new bar in your account called Counterfoil and contains your info and the validity of your Visa

But since you said you missed the submission deadline that is a very big thing you definitely need to contact IRCC on the phone and send a webform to explain your situation they may not even stamp the visa because you only get the Counterfoil update when they stamp the visa on your passport if you didn't get that it means they didn't process your visa maybe because you missed the submission deadline

So do call them and check with them

Good luck man

Reactions: rarara

Harpal mavi

Jan 4, 2024
HI I had sended my passport for temporary Resident Visa on this address Temporary Resident Visa Section CPC-Ottawa (e-Application)
PO Box 9640
Ottawa, Ontario
K1G 6T2
I mailed on December 15 and it delivered on December 20 and Signatory Name is showing SCI Kone not ircc.is it right place where is it delivered? I am worried because still is no update.when iam tracking a small Envelope.please help me

Harpal mavi

Jan 4, 2024
HI I had sended my passport for temporary Resident Visa on this address Temporary Resident Visa Section CPC-Ottawa (e-Application)
PO Box 9640
Ottawa, Ontario
K1G 6T2
I mailed on December 15 and it delivered on December 20 and Signatory Name is showing SCI Kone not ircc.is it right place where is it delivered? I am worried because still is no update.when iam tracking a small Envelope.please help me