+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport submission

naima96

Jun 2, 2022
Due to Covid the VAC center in France does not accept passport submission in person but only by post.
The payment for the service fees is by mail or by credit card over the phone.

I sent the passport by mail and I received notification from the mail person that he delivered it. However, I have not received any response from them or a sign that they have my passport.

I want to ask that normally for passport submission what happens? is this normal? Do we get notified when they have the passport or not? Did someone do the same procedure?

I have applied online using IRCC portail from France and this is my timeline:
online application 6 may
biometrics 12 may and approved 16 may
Visa application approved in 28 June

ryvinson

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Due to Covid the VAC center in France does not accept passport submission in person but only by post.
The payment for the service fees is by mail or by credit card over the phone.

I sent the passport by mail and I received notification from the mail person that he delivered it. However, I have not received any response from them or a sign that they have my passport.

I want to ask that normally for passport submission what happens? is this normal? Do we get notified when they have the passport or not? Did someone do the same procedure?

I have applied online using IRCC portail from France and this is my timeline:
online application 6 may
biometrics 12 may and approved 16 may
Visa application approved in 28 June
Who is that “mail person”? Courier? VFS? If VFS, they will acknowledge receipt via SMS/email and track passport for you until stamped and returned to you.