+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport rquest- primary applicant from country needing visa but accompanying dependent is US citize

Cosi1985

Jul 8, 2017
if primary applicant is from vcountry needing visa to travel to canada, but dependent is us citizen... what should be sent?
Request indicates below:

If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member.

BUT accompanying dependent is a us citizen and request also says:
If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s).

Do I send principal applicant passport and copy of dependent photo page since its a uS passport? Or do i send both passports since principal applicant is visa restricted and dependent is accompanying?

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
if primary applicant is from vcountry needing visa to travel to canada, but dependent is us citizen... what should be sent?
Request indicates below:

If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member.

BUT accompanying dependent is a us citizen and request also says:
If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s).

Do I send principal applicant passport and copy of dependent photo page since its a uS passport? Or do i send both passports since principal applicant is visa restricted and dependent is accompanying?
Yes, you should send the passport for the principal applicant and a copy of the passport/bio data page for the dependent who is a US citizen.