+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORT REQUESTED

oso1711

Jan 19, 2010
OK, now i have received a letter requesting my passport the last week and i already sent it with a pre paid service for the embassy to return it. what's next???

2 years took my case to be done and dunno what to xpect if i should relax ? pls help
just can tell one thing do whatever u can do in advance and send it in advance cause the mexico embassy have some issues loosing documents, sending documents to ur addres in canada and not to the one u have in mexico. if u have lived in some other cities in mexico pls go and ask for ur local police certificates pls do not wait until u receive the letter for the federal one, u will loose time with the local ones. by the way PGR offices in mexico city is not that bad do not panik , the guy is really nice and polite, make sure when u have to go to the other office to make ut digital fingerprints to understand where is the place cause cabs arent able to bring u to the door and the place look kinda scary.
pay whatever u can pay in adavce and send the papers before they ask u for the payment.
if u are asked to make a ARC will take longer but not that long as the CIC website says, the embassy moved so pls pls pls make sure u dont go to schiller street bla bla ok and u will have to walk like crazy.
the interview wasnt that bad well a mexican girl did my interview just be precise and focus in a nice short answer.
make sure the embassy in mexico city receive every single paper u send with ur file numer on it or they will make a huge mistake or loose papers it happened to me :( with my federal police cert but lucky they found it.
si basicly do as uch as u can in advance even if they do not request just the fed4eral porlice cert will have to wait cause u need the letter the embassy send u to be able to make the papaer work.
and pls pls pls be patience they will take their time , on my personal xperience i freaked out like 1 year and now i think im close to be done with this really not cool xperience! good luck everyone and if someone could helpe with more info about whats next after they request my passport pls.

keep strong

btw im under family class same sex partner and time can cause huge holes in ur relationship so patience and comunication.
love u all

turquoise

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
Doc's Request.
07/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Done....
04/2011
Passport Req..
October 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 13, 2011
LANDED..........
October 14, 2011
Thanks for sharing your experience to us. My Visa office is at Vienna, Austria. Started processing way back March 2010. denied and appeal won. now I am back to re-processing again last May 2011. At first I doubt my decision when I sent all updated/additional forms that I can think of after appeal won (visa office didn't ask for it yet) but after reading your post, it made me feel I did the right thing. Now, Visa office hopefully won't ask anything as I already "laid my cards on their table."

Patience....yeah, my patience is been tested. don't know how long I can keep it up. It a huge big "UNKNOWN" on when will this be done. huge holes in my relationship with my hubby too.

Is it standard for mexico embassy to ask for passport after everything's good? Check other thread on applicants processing at Mexico embassy. what I know from vienna visa office is if everything is good, they will request for passport, meaning you can breathe now & almost you can see the light at the end.

Good Luck and I hope your "light" is almost near.

Turquoise

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Oso

I am happy to hear that you have received your passport request. Can you please share your complete time line ?

It would be a big help to some of us that are still waiting with the Mexico VO.

Thank you. !

M

mrandmrsromero

Thanks for sharing your experience.

For anyone applying outland Mexico City, you may want to check out this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t35385.0.html

oso1711

Jan 19, 2010
id love to share my timeline but everything is confussing for me i just now i had to leave canada on july 3rd 2009 and sent the 1st bunch of papers on january 2010 as we had to wait until my partner and me had one year together so we wouldnt have any kind of trouble to make our relati0n legitim.
i made my 1st meds on december 2009 and we sent everything on january 2010 (pls make sure u fill the forms very very very carefully and make a lawyer or someone xpert checking at it, we hire a lwayer to help us in the beginigng and we have to pay good money in mail services cause some papers had to be re filled and needed my siganture and plus is loosing time ) there is a way to do it send me email and i can help u with that lol , after i have to go through interviw on may 2010 and after had to wait till i receive a letter asking me for my ARC this was in june or july but what we didint know was that i was able to pay the PR fees in adavance and not to wait until the letter requesting this and im pretty sure it was the same for the ARC paper my partner and me are sure we should have done the ARC in advance. anyways i did my ARC and made police cet and federal police cert in between march and april and had to make meds again due to the fact the meds are just god for one year WATCH OUT the meds takes longer than everything so thats why the embassy takes ages to send u letters requesting documents so do it as soon as u r requested.
so meds done police cert done and wait till last week june 9 2011 requesting my passport, in the middle of all this , i received an email informing me that they didnt have any answer a bout my police certificates and all the documents requested as: police cert, meds re done, updated schedule 1 , and federal police cert. So my partner an me sent like 3 or 5 emails giving details about the day i went to the embassy to bring all these papers myself when i live totally in the other side of the country bla bla bla and weeks later they answered me saying everything was fine and found and to be carefull to write my file numebr in every paper i send. anyways all was done till now. So i hope u can have an idea about my time line.
just make sure the ambassy has the right mailing addres and all this kind of details and make sure they make contact by email so its faster, lol at the end the letter asking me for my passpoirt i got it by email but the addres is my montreal addres lol so u can have an idea.

TOURQUOISE: do not give up, i felt like that in the begining and this is more about being resisntant and keeping hope alive than to prove ur relationship is legitim , so keep going step by step , sucks to hear u have to apeal but u won so that means your answer is a YES is just now paper work . and yes relationships are tested with all this but just learn to admit this will take some time and u will see time goes faster. big hug to u !!!!!

sorry if someone is having hard time to understand me but i want to say so much so fast that i just type an type :p

turquoise

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
Doc's Request.
07/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Done....
04/2011
Passport Req..
October 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 13, 2011
LANDED..........
October 14, 2011
oso1711:

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Q1: When did you send your ARC?
Q2: When did you receive the passport request email?

I emailed Vienna VO on June 15 & they responded 2 days later that the application is still under background verification. I don't know how long will that be.

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oso

Thank you for sharing your information, it is appreciated

oso1711

Jan 19, 2010
i filed my ARC in june 2010 it took 9 months apox and after i received the letter requesting new meds and federal police cert arround april and an email requesting my pássport june 10 2011

but im sure is different time line for u turquoise is ur sponsor living in canada? u can tell him , her o make contact with a PR to check whats is going on.

turquoise

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
Doc's Request.
07/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Done....
04/2011
Passport Req..
October 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 13, 2011
LANDED..........
October 14, 2011
oso1711:9 months? your application was inland or outland? I'm the sponsor and my hubby is in Hungary since September 2009. I do hope that their background check will not be that long. I miss my hubby so much. Thanks a lot your for reply.