+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request / Old Passport

c0109

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
In case a passport request is made, should we also send the old passport or just new one should be good enough? I have my US visa on old passport.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Generally they used to ask for old passports also to check our earlier international travels.

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
stholy said:
What is the purpose for? permit? visa?
Passport request means that, depending on your nationality, you require a visa to visit canada.
If yes, then in the passport request they will stamp you a temporary visa which will allow you to enter canada, when you will do your flagpoling.
If you don't require a visa to enter canada, you will just get COPR.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ttrajan said:
Generally they used to ask for old passports also to check our earlier international travels.

All the people I know who got passport requests were never asked for and didn't provide their old passports.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
They have asked me to submit my old passports also. I have submitted all my old passports also with new passport. If they have not asked for, then no need to submit old passports. I have lot of international travels, hence they have asked me to submit my all old passports.

dublinfunk

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
I do not think that you would need to submit the old passports in the application unless requested.

The purpose of the requirements are listed in this cic guideline:

Passport:
Purpose
To confirm identity

Document requirements
A clear and legible copy of the bio data page must be provided.
Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant
Their spouse or common-law partner
Their accompanying dependent children

In some instance, they might ask for a supplemental scanned copy of your visa stamps on old passports but they will not be a requirement at the onset. The purpose they are asking for your passport is for them to have a legally accepted document that they can use to verify your identity.

When I submitted my application, they are just requesting for the valid passport with the bio data page, visa stamps and visa of that particular passport. They did not mention you must attach all your old passports because there will be instances that old passports have been lost etc.

Hope this helps :)

shahura_s

Mar 15, 2017
dublinfunk said:
I do not think that you would need to submit the old passports in the application unless requested.

The purpose of the requirements are listed in this cic guideline:

Passport:
Purpose
To confirm identity

Document requirements
A clear and legible copy of the bio data page must be provided.
Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant
Their spouse or common-law partner
Their accompanying dependent children

In some instance, they might ask for a supplemental scanned copy of your visa stamps on old passports but they will not be a requirement at the onset. The purpose they are asking for your passport is for them to have a legally accepted document that they can use to verify your identity.

When I submitted my application, they are just requesting for the valid passport with the bio data page, visa stamps and visa of that particular passport. They did not mention you must attach all your old passports because there will be instances that old passports have been lost etc.

Hope this helps :)

What if there is an international travel on the old passport which has been mentioned in the Travel History (listing all international travels in the past 10 years)? Does it then become necessary?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
If they asked for old passport also, then you need to submit both.