qwertyguy

Jan 21, 2018
toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
toronto
Hello everyone,

My wife, who is an Indian citizen, currently holds a Tourist Visa for Canada. We anticipate that she might receive a passport request for her Permanent Residency application in February next year. She plans to travel to Canada around the same time, and we have already booked her flight tickets.
If she receives the passport request a few days before her travel date or shortly after arriving in Canada, we are considering the following options (Please recommend which among these two is advisable):
  1. Sending her passport for stamping to India (while she is still in Canada) and having it returned through a friend. She could then leave Canada and return in few days to activate her PR.
  2. Submitting a webform to change her application from outland to inland. However, I have heard that such a change might lead to delays of weeks or even months in the processing time, which we want to avoid if we go with the first option.

We will be staying in the Greater Toronto Area, and if we choose the first option, is walking across the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls to the US and then returning to Canada the most convenient option? My wife does not have a US visa, but I have heard that you can walk to the US side, be denied entry, and then return to Canada without any fuss.
Thank you for any insights or advice you can provide.