+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request for Inland

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Hi All,

we received a passport request from IRCC. However, we are already inside Canada and holding valid visas. We called IRCC and informed us that they will send us through email our online portal to update and upload photos. Does anyone here experience the same? How long before you finally received the online portal email? I hope someone can help me. Thank you

Mohitsharma1803

Oct 13, 2017
Hi All,

we received a passport request from IRCC. However, we are already inside Canada and holding valid visas. We called IRCC and informed us that they will send us through email our online portal to update and upload photos. Does anyone here experience the same? How long before you finally received the online portal email? I hope someone can help me. Thank you
When did you get COPR ? I am also in the same boat.

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Hi here is my timeline.

• PPR: 18 Feb 2021
  • PR approval email: 3 March 2022
  • Portal email: March 9, 2022
  • Ecopr: 11 March 2022
  • Card approval: 26 April 2022

Mohitsharma1803

Oct 13, 2017
Hi here is my timeline.

• PPR: 18 Feb 2021
  • PR approval email: 3 March 2022
  • Portal email: March 9, 2022
  • Ecopr: 11 March 2022
  • Card approval: 26 April 2022
Thank you !!! It took more than an year from receiving passport request to PR approval email ?
Am i understanding it corect ? If yes then it was so long time.
Thanks

Mohitsharma1803

Oct 13, 2017
My apologies it’s 18 Feb 2022 not 2021.
ok . No Problem. Appreciate your response .
can you suggest me something based upon my situation .

I am on WP and valid visa holder of canada . My PR was under processing under canadian experience class.I had to come to India due to some urgency and updated the address in PR application. Now ,I have received PPR request on email but the problem is that my tickets are already booked for 11th May as i had valid visa.

As the journey date is close and it is highly unlikely that i would receive my passports from VFS before the journey date . I know that best way is to cancel my tickets and postpone the journey (which will costs me alot due to expensive flight tickets ) and submit my passports to make this situation smoother.

Or can i just stick to my earlier plan for canada and inform to the IRCC after landing to canada on 11th May ? Can it cause a problem to my application ? will it delay the process ? Is there any risks ?

If i cancel tickets and rebook then it will cost me alot and my employer will also not allow me to live in india for so long. Please note that i have two dependents on my application also.

I am in very tough situation. Please help and suggest.

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Before anything please let me know if you’re inland right now? Because if you are inland you don’t have to submit your passport. You will need to wait for the portal email in order to complete your virtual landing process. This is what happened to us. Since we are already here in Canada the agent told us not to do anything but wait for the portal email.

Mohitsharma1803

Oct 13, 2017
Before anything please let me know if you’re inland right now? Because if you are inland you don’t have to submit your passport. You will need to wait for the portal email in order to complete your virtual landing process. This is what happened to us. Since we are already here in Canada the agent told us not to do anything but wait for the portal email.
Now I am not inland but i will be on 12th May which is just after 9 business days. Thanks.

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Now I am not inland but i will be on 12th May which is just after 9 business days. Thanks.
I see. Honestly, I don't know what to advise you. I think it's better to call IRCC and ask. This is a sensitive matter and I might give you the wrong advice. Just to make sure please call IRCC directly.