+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport renewed after IELTS

JSB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Friends,

I had my IELTS 3 weeks back and before getting IELTS TRF, I thought I could renew my passport as its going to expire in 7 months. (I just wanted to utilize this time to renew my passport). My IELTS test result as well as new passport are dispatched today and expecting to receive it later this week. Do you guys foresee any issue with passport number change? I have not seen any TRF but I guess TRFs usually will have passport number. If so, my TRF will refer to my old passport number. Will this be an issue?

Thanks, JSB.

sjs_van

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JSB said:
Friends,

I had my IELTS 3 weeks back and before getting IELTS TRF, I thought I could renew my passport as its going to expire in 7 months. (I just wanted to utilize this time to renew my passport). My IELTS test result as well as new passport are dispatched today and expecting to receive it later this week. Do you guys foresee any issue with passport number change? I have not seen any TRF but I guess TRFs usually will have passport number. If so, my TRF will refer to my old passport number. Will this be an issue?

Thanks, JSB.

I dont think that this should be an issue. Make sure that you always keep both the passports together so that the reference is always there.

Hope this helps.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
sjs_van said:
I dont think that this should be an issue. Make sure that you always keep both the passports together so that the reference is always there.

Hope this helps.
Correct. Keep both passports. And if you have a CEC application in progress, make sure to update CIC with your
new passport information.