+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport renewal after PGWP application

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Hello friends , I will be shortly applying for PGWP . I am prima facie eligible for 3 years work visa but as my passport expires in 1.5 years , they will only give the permit for 1.5 yrs . My conditions are such that I can apply for my passport renewal only after I apply for PGWP. My question is ..Can I update my new passport details in the PGWP application through IRCC web form and will they give me 3 years work permit .
Any advice would be appreciated . Thand in anticipation.

Reactions: Mathar Sahib

Satbir666

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Hello friends , I will be shortly applying for PGWP . I am prima facie eligible for 3 years work visa but as my passport expires in 1.5 years , they will only give the permit for 1.5 yrs . My conditions are such that I can apply for my passport renewal only after I apply for PGWP. My question is ..Can I update my new passport details in the PGWP application through IRCC web form and will they give me 3 years work permit .
Same conditions but i have applied for lmia work Permit outside canada...but yes you can renew your passport and have to update new passport through web form..

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
You can always renew your passport before applying for PGWP .
Thanks. But my embassy says it will renew passport in Canada only if I have a work visa for Canada . The best I can do is to approach them with proof of having filed the PGWP application.
Wanted to know the past experience or advice in dealing with such situation. Thanks

Satbir666

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Thanks. But my embassy says it will renew passport in Canada only if I have a work visa for Canada . The best I can do is to approach them with proof of having filed the PGWP application.
Wanted to know the past experience or advice in dealing with such situation. Thanks
What is your nationality?

Satbir666

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Brother after applying take submission letter with you and from cic website print a document where mention your visa validity is not issued more than your passport..
I am also going to renew my passport ...my passport is 1 year and 10 months valid still

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Brother after applying take submission letter with you and from cic website print a document where mention your visa validity is not issued more than your passport..
I am also going to renew my passport ...my passport is 1 year and 10 months valid still
Thanks bro . I had also planned similarly but was not sure whether this could result in 3 years work visa. Thanks , once again.

Mathar Sahib

May 26, 2020

Hi Tankarla, I am in the same situation rightnow. Please let me know you got three years work permit after renewal?