+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Photo Expiry Date

s3nr1

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Hi,

I took my PR/Passport photo late January, submitted my PR application late February and received my CoPR status on June 2nd. The CoPR expiry is in early January 2021.

Because of covid and my health card expired on March (can't renew on implied status, now I'm on private insurance), I am self-isolating and working from home. So I thought of re-using the passport photos I took for the initial PR application instead of going to a store.

My passport photos will pass the 6-month expiry date on July 25, I had someone sent the photos on July 2nd thinking it would get there on time using their fastest shipping but looking at Canadapost website, they're not sure if the xpresspost services are back to normal yet and they don't know when mail will arrive at their destination.

What should I do? As I mentioned my CoPR expiry is January 2021, not even one year after my PR status (July 2020).

Should I bite the bullet, go to Walmart take another set of photos and use Purolator/FedEX and send those as well?

How long does PR card processing take generally even in covid?

Thanks