+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport less than 6 months expiry

joyceg

Jan 13, 2018
Hi I am an Indian passport holder whos got Canadian P.R valid till 19 may 2018, however my passport expires on 1st june 2018 and I want to fly by 20 jan 2018. I hope so since its less than 6 months of passport won't be a problem, cos I am on P.R visa

R

rish888

6 month rule is only for visitors. Since your going to Canada to gain permanent resident status the rule doesn't apply to you. You can land any time on or before 19 May 2018. (So Jan 20 is fine.)

Good luck building your new life in Canada!

AAnv

Nov 8, 2016
Hello, I got my PPR request today and it was written in the mail that passport should have a validity of 6 months. But my daughter's ( dependent) passport is getting expired in 5months. Please suggest what to do in this case.. Shall I renew the passport and send both old and new one for Visa stamping?

maviss76

Jan 22, 2018
Yes you must renew your passport to avoid delay. You can renew your child's passport under tatkal to get it fast.

samsydrums

Sep 10, 2017
Hi,

I am Indian passport holder and have applied for my PR. I have couple of questions:

1. My passport is expiring this July 2018 so my visa. I am planning to apply for open bridge work permit if the pr result doesn't comes out any sooner. Shall I use the same passport.

2. As the passport details have submitted during the pr application is expiring this July 2018, once the pr is out, do I need to renew my passport first and do the immigration?

samsydrums

Sep 10, 2017
Hi,

I am Indian passport holder and have applied for my PR. I have couple of questions:

1. My passport is expiring this July 2018 so my visa. I am planning to apply for open bridge work permit if the pr result doesn't comes out any sooner. Shall I use the same passport.

2. As the passport details have submitted during the pr application is expiring this July 2018, once the pr is out, do I need to renew my passport first and do the immigration?