+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Expired and Driver's Liscense Expired (What now?)

dicksonjoe

Oct 7, 2016
Hi All..so i'm the kinda guy who usually never pay attention to my documents that are about to expire, and now I am in for it.

I need to apply for a passport urgent and I don't have any other documents to support my identity except for my SIN, Student card and birth certificate.

I don't know if i'll pass by showing them these kind of documents. I do have my driver license and passport however i know it is not valid anymore because it has been expired.

What do you guys suggest? Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
dicksonjoe said:
Hi All..so i'm the kinda guy who usually never pay attention to my documents that are about to expire, and now I am in for it.

I need to apply for a passport urgent and I don't have any other documents to support my identity except for my SIN, Student card and birth certificate.

I don't know if i'll pass by showing them these kind of documents. I do have my driver license and passport however i know it is not valid anymore because it has been expired.

What do you guys suggest? Thanks
Have you looked to see what documents are required to renew?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/apply/renew/apply-how.asp

dicksonjoe

Oct 7, 2016
Sorry I forgot to mention
my passport has been expired for more than a year. I have to apply as new. I'm just scared that I don't have insufficient documentation to prove my identity.

All I can think of now is my student card, T4, Police record check and bank statement.

Andynd1uk

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
29-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
10-09-2016
dicksonjoe said:
anyone have any suggestions? thanks.
What's your citizenship? Did you have a passport for the 16 or so years prior to getting your drivers licence?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
dicksonjoe said:
anyone have any suggestions? thanks.
if your passport has been expired for more than a year, here are the requirements for a new passport (assuming you are referring to a canadian passport). i would suggest reading the "Gather all necessary documents and get your passport photo" section to confirm you have the necessary documents. the website is pretty user friendly:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/apply/new/apply-how.asp

if you're asking about another country, then you will want to google "renew or replace passport" + your country of citizenship for the information.

dicksonjoe

Oct 7, 2016
Apparently, I visited the passport office and all they need was my Birth certificate and Health Card photo ID. Unfortunately I don't have the latest one with photo so they told me to apply for the new one and make sure I bring the paper along with the new health card from the mail and it should be fine. Thanks folks!