+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport due to expire!

Apr 16, 2019
My wife is a PR. Her passport is getting expired in Dec' 21 (expiry due in 10 months)
She is traveling to Toronto on 9th April' 21 as well.
Now I have 2 ways to go about it-

1) If I get her passport renewed in India-

Will she be able to re-enter Canada with the old passport with her maiden name + PR card with her maiden name + new passport with the changed name?

2) if we DONOT renew it in India-

and she has to get her ticket postponed to say June for some reason (mostly COVID/to avoid institutional quarantine)
will she be allowed to travel with her passport that is due to expire in under 6 months keeping in mind her PR status.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
1) if she has a copy of her marriage certificate that shows she married you, hence the change of name, that should be okay

2) yes

Apr 16, 2019
1) if she has a copy of her marriage certificate that shows she married you, hence the change of name, that should be okay

2) yes
Thanks! Do you suggest me to confirm the same with some official authority. If yes who will be the right agency to contact. Is it the Indian counsulate or the CIC or some other ??

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thanks! Do you suggest me to confirm the same with some official authority. If yes who will be the right agency to contact. Is it the Indian counsulate or the CIC or some other ??
If you insist, you could go right to the Queen. But you could start with IRCC/CBSA/MOT/Airline.