+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Canada does not have the information

feelfreetoadviceme

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Guys
I got my Citizenship on 04 March 2016 along with my wife and my son. I took a chance to apply for the passport same day with in 30 min. Surprisingly Passport Canada had the information for me but they were not having the information for my son and my wife. They asked us to wait for 48 hrs and come back on 08 March. We thought to give them an additional day so we went on 09 March. This time the clerk found my son name in the Database but my wife name was not there still. He asked me to call CIC which we did at the same time and CIC agent told us to wait for another 48 hrs as he sent a messg regarding my wife's certificate no to Nova Scotia Center. My question is I need to travel to US on 24 Mar. Can we travel with Citizenship Certificate? And normally how much time Nova Scotia Center take to update the database?

Nov 20, 2015
Hello,

Unfortunately you cannot travel with the citizenship certificate as they said it is not a travel document. You'll need to wait for the passport.

Best regards.

fedex682

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
You can get same day delivery for your passport if required. It is only March 10 now. So you should be fine to get the passport. Apply for passport in person if you can.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/times.asp

Click on 'Additional Fees' that has all information.

Good luck!