Passport Bio Page Translation?

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
Do we need to translate the bio page for the interview if the page has information in English and the original language? Has anyone who did the interview translate it or had it a copy of it stamped by a translator? The reason I ask is because of the experience of one other poster (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/bad-interview-experience-help-please.544146/)
If it has one of the two official languages (English or French), then you are good. As you confirmed it already has information in English, so no need for any translation.

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
Yes, I read it. We don't know all the details of his case. There are many cases which look fishy to the agent that prompt him to request some additional details or information. Yesterday, my friend had his interview and the agent asked him if he has any properly back home. When my friend confirmed he has, the agent requested all the related papers that show no one is living in his properly..Does this mean all applicants need to provide such documents right from the beginning? Absolutely not! it's very specific to my friend's case given the specific set of conditions he has. Similarly, what we know here is that thousands of applicants provided a copy of their passport bio page with no translation (given it's in one of the two official languages) with absolutely no issues simply because it's aligned with the IRCC requirements. You still want to provide extra information? it's not required but definitely up to you.
Hope it helps and good luck

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Did you see the link?
I've been to that thread. If I translate my passport bio page, I'd get the English text already on that page, so I don't think it's necessary. Unless you want the translator to say something different than the English on your bio page... But that's gonna cause confusion, or even suspicion of borderline misrepresentation, isn't it?