+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Partner in Canada - Next steps after permit not extended

bobber123

Apr 8, 2013
All right again thanks.

Oh, we also have heard we:

1. do not have to wait for the criminal background check and that it will be requested or we send later?
2. If and when we get that initial preliminary authorization of sponsorship...are we still trapped in the country and unable to go on honeymoon/vacations...until he gets his P.R.?

OR...can we travel at that point? OR...can he apply for Canadian VISA once preliminary sponsorship is approved?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. Send it with the original application if you can.
2. You need to stay in Canada until PR is granted. If you leave at any time before PR is granted there is no guarantee you will be allowed back into the country. If you are not allowed back in this will effectively cancel the PR application.

I'm not sure what you mean by "apply for a Canadian visa once preliminary sponsorship is approved". The short answer is that he needs to remain in Canada until PR is granted if he wants to make sure there are no problems with the application.

bobber123

Apr 8, 2013
Once someone enters Implied status for work..while waiting for permit/sponsorship "first phase" approval...does one have to somehow prove this to a current employer. We worry they will simply say "your permit is up. you have to leave the company." We can say "Oh it's implied...but anyone could say that!" :)

Thanks again! :)

hagbard85

Aug 13, 2012
Cambpell's Bay, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2011
AOR Received.
14-11-2011
Med's Request
14-11-2011
Med's Done....
22-11-2011
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
I have been in implied status several times. My work permit expires before the decision on the new one is made. The HR department in the company I work for usually contacts me saying something like: "have you renewed your work permit? If you have, please send us proof of your application. It is the only thing we need for now. When you receive the new one, please submit it to us".

So, no worries, implied status should be respected by the company.

bobber123

Apr 8, 2013
Thanks again for everything.

We sent in the sponsorship information and the post office says it was delivered last week.

I know that since his work visa runs out in a week or two others on this board said he would still be in implied status. How do we communicate that to his employer since we do not get a confirmation from CIC unless something is wrong.

THey have our sponsorship application along with work permit (tied to the sponsorship) but I'm not sure how we assure his work he is in implied status?

Thanks again!