+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paris processing time

mitti2000

Aug 4, 2014
Hi

My wife recently applied online for a visitor visa to canada. She is Mexican but lives in Switzerland. The online process was easy and straightforward. After sumbitting the documents it didn't took long and the application status was approved and closed and I recieved the passport request. I sent in the passport and they should have recieved it more than a week ago. I heavn't heard anything since. Should I be worried? How long does it usually take to process a passport when they recieved it?

I sent the passport to following address according to the submit website

EAPP
Embassy of Canada
Immigration Section
37, avenue Montaigne
75008 Paris
France

Any information would be highly appreciated

Thanks
mitti2000

leginjones

Jul 21, 2015
Hi mitti2000,

We applied from Switzerland too and urgently need to travel. Could you perhaps help with the questions below?

1) How many working days the embassy held your passport before sending it by registered post?
2) Did they acknowledge that they received your passport
3) Did they inform you the post tracking number when they posted it?
4) Do they send email to inform the above points 2 and 3.

Much appreciate your reply!

Thanks,

capdail2006

Jun 27, 2015
I've sent my passport (without a return envelope enclosed) to Paris from Spain.

It took 1 week for my passport to reach the Embassy using registered urgent service mail (trackable envelope with the public service mail, not with a courier).

It then took 1 week for Embassy to mail it back to me (during that week, there was a one day public holiday in Canada).

Then the Embassy sent it back to Spain using registered mail (trackable envelope), but not with urgent service. It took 8 days for the envelope to reach me in Spain.

So, the Embassy in Paris held my passport for 4 working days before sending it back with the visa via registered post.

They did not acknowledge that they received my passport (this was not really necessary anyway: I could see through the online registered mail tracking when I sent my passport that it had reached them on a certain date)

They informed me about the post tracking number when they posted it back to me (I had contacted them earlier through an official webpage called "Case-Specific Inquiry" and they informed me about the tracking number in their response to that query)

All of their communication to me was sent by email.

Huihiang

Nov 6, 2019
I've sent my passport (without a return envelope enclosed) to Paris from Spain.

It took 1 week for my passport to reach the Embassy using registered urgent service mail (trackable envelope with the public service mail, not with a courier).

It then took 1 week for Embassy to mail it back to me (during that week, there was a one day public holiday in Canada).

Then the Embassy sent it back to Spain using registered mail (trackable envelope), but not with urgent service. It took 8 days for the envelope to reach me in Spain.

So, the Embassy in Paris held my passport for 4 working days before sending it back with the visa via registered post.

They did not acknowledge that they received my passport (this was not really necessary anyway: I could see through the online registered mail tracking when I sent my passport that it had reached them on a certain date)

They informed me about the post tracking number when they posted it back to me (I had contacted them earlier through an official webpage called "Case-Specific Inquiry" and they informed me about the tracking number in their response to that query)

All of their communication to me was sent by email.
May I know which téléphone number did you call? As I sent in my passport on Monday 4nov and I need to fly on Friday 8nov.. Is there anybody can help me please!!