+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PARIS OFFICE 'IN PROCESS' HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE NOW

Lychee Lychee

Nov 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Finally ECAS has posted that my wife and my application is "IN PROCESS".. I shoudn't say finally as it really hasn't been that long. The file was transferred to Paris on October 31st and now 2.5 months later January 15th we have 'IN PROCESS' and the same note since file transfer of 'Medical Results Received'

I guess my question is. If all the fees have been paid. How long will it take to get an answer from this point?? Does anyone know? Other posts say that it should be within 10 days. My wife has to leave Canada in 6 weeks as her 6 month visitor visa expires. I am hoping we will be able to drive to the US border and land their. Does anyone have any input??

This board has been a blessing for me. It is great to hear other peoples stories. I think that I am fortunate as I only sent our application in September 15th and now exactly 4 months later it is 'IN PROCESS' I just hope I don't have to wait another 4 months. Any stories you can share would good. Thanks so much.

All of you going through this process; my heart goes out to you. I know that it is hard. Especially for those who have to be away from their loved ones. I wish that it could be faster for everyone. TAKE CARE ALL!! Please keep your head high and lets all hope for the light at the end of the CIC TUNNEL. !!! BYE FOR NOW AND THANKS AGAIN

Franzi

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-15-2012 (received 05-17-2012)
Doc's Request.
10-12-2012 additional information req.
AOR Received.
Vienna 09-26-2012, in process 10-09-2012, DM 01-18-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
issues 14-01-2013, received COPR 30-01-2013
LANDED..........
February 05, 2013!!!!!!!!!
I guess my question is. If all the fees have been paid. How long will it take to get an answer from this point?? Does anyone know? Other posts say that it should be within 10 days. My wife has to leave Canada in 6 weeks as her 6 month visitor visa expires. I am hoping we will be able to drive to the US border and land their. Does anyone have any input??
Hello,

you can also submit an online or paper application to extend her visitor visa. It should be done 30 days before her status expires, so you can do it in the next 2 weeks. Until a decision for the extension is made, she is able to stay under "implied status".

As for your actual question, I don't think anyone can give you a definite answer. We have been in process for more than 3 months now but we are going through Vienna VO. Every VO and every case is different.

Good luck to you!