+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent's Sponsorship

S_J

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Hi All,

I need some advice in regards to Parents Sponsorship.

On CIC website the Fee is as follows:
Sponsorship Application = 75
Principal applicant (Father) = 475
A family member of the principal applicant (Mother) = 550
Total = $1100

Do I need to pay the complete fee for them when I submit my Sponsorship application to Mississauga OR when I submit my application to Mississauga only the sponsorship application fee has to be paid.

Thanks.

With Regards.

I

iarblue

4. Pay the fee and get the necessary receipt.
Depending on who you are sponsoring, the fees are:

•$75 for the sponsorship application
•$475 for the principal applicant
•$150 for a dependent child of the principal applicant, under age 22 and not married or in a common-law relationship
•$550 for a dependant of the principal applicant who is 22 or older, or who is under 22 and married or in a common-law relationship and
•$490 for the right of permanent residence fee, which is required before the status is granted. (Note: If you do not include the $490 fee when you submit your sponsorship application, you will be asked to provide it just before your relative’s visa is issued. This fee is the only fee that you do not need to include when you send in your sponsorship application.)

You will see here on the bottom the ROPR fee is the only one you dont have to pay yet,but will need to be paid before the visa is issued.And the fee is for your dad and mom

lands

Jan 28, 2010
You can either pay now or later..the sponsorship fee has to be paid with the application, however you get the option to pay the Landing fee later....if you pay all applicable fees... then it is one less reason for your application to be delayed...