+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Immigration - Medical question

hep

Oct 25, 2011
We have recently received a letter from CHC Islamabad to get the medical done for my mother ... looks like the case is near completion!

Based on my readings, there are 2 medically inadmissible conditions:
1. contiguous disease that could risk other Canadians at risk
2. medical condition (s) that demand excessive cost on Canadian Health system.

My mother is 65 and has hypertension and arthritis .... I understand that these are not contiguous diseases. However, I wonder if these would be considered an inadmissible condition 2. I wonder if someone knows specific medical conditions that could be categorized as condition 2 above.

One thing is obvious that at the age of 65 one must have some medical conditions such as arthritis, hypertension - is that an issue?

Many Thanks.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

It seems from your post that your mother has only common health problem usually seen with a majority of seniors. Those are not considered as threat to society, which is categorized under condition 2.

A brief explanation to “Excessive demand” :

A person will pose excessive demands if it is anticipated that:

(a) the costs of publicly-funded health or social services for a potential immigrant would likely exceed the Canadian per capita average, looking at a period of five to ten consecutive years from the date of the person’s most recent immigration medical examination;

OR

(b) the health or social services required by a potential immigrant would add to existing waiting lists and increase the rate of mortality and morbidity in Canada as a result of the prevention or delay of those services.