+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paid full-time internships before graduation, remote work and unfinished Canadian degree

frerge

Mar 20, 2018
Hello guys,

Hope you are having a great day and could take some minutes of your precious time to advise me on some questions about work experience and education.

I have graduated in June 2015 and have following experience after graduation:
8 months - one company
1 year 11 months - another company (For 5 months I worked for this company remotely, while I was in Canada as a student. I worked full-time paid and have a contract) Should I list this experience and doesn't it contradict with study permit rules? I worked for company in my home country while being in Canada.

Secondly, during the last year of studies in my home country I worked for two companies as a paid full-time intern for 6 months each. I have searched the forum and as far as I understand it is eligible experience to add in terms of FSW and CRS. However, I found this "DO NOT list work experience that you may have had before you obtained whatever certification (of a trade or profession) and/or educational degree that you now possess." here. I am a little bit confused then, if these intern positions can legally count towards my experience in FSW and CRS? Should I include them?

Thirdly, I am currently studying in Canada. I have transfered after my first semester to another university. I have performed DLI tranfer in MyCIC account as required, but should I include this unfinished degree in my Express Entry application? I have one from my home country, which is Canadian equivalent of Masters according to WES. I have listed only it, but is it ok?

Thank you for taking time to read and answer my questions! Highly appreciate it!

Sahytq

Feb 21, 2018
1. Include it, it is ok to have remote experience even while in Canada, since you worked for non-Canadian employer
2. Yes it is ok
3. No

Red Igloo

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
In that case, do you think paid internship in engineering done before graduation would count or not? Please help!