Not required
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2013
LANDED..........
InshaAllah on 24-12-2013
Hi everyone..How are you??
I want to know one thing that my friend has his relatives in canada and they are running their own motel there. My friends education is BA. Can he apply on work permit as a chef in this motel?? What requirements he will have to fulfill?? How much is his visa chances?? Please explain everything briefly. Your help will be appreciated. Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
saadsdk said:
Hi everyone..How are you??
I want to know one thing that my friend has his relatives in canada and they are running their own motel there. My friends education is BA. Can he apply on work permit as a chef in this motel?? What requirements he will have to fulfill?? How much is his visa chances?? Please explain everything briefly. Your help will be appreciated. Thanks
Hi Saad and we are doing well.

The requirements for your friend would pretty much be the same, relatives or not, it doesn't have much impact. The motel owner has to have posted a job for some time and prove to govt. of Canada that they were not able to find a useful resource and hence need to get this person from abroad. The employer needs to pay fee to the government (A few hundred dollars perhaps and wait). The approval they would receive is called LMO. That LMO will be used by your friend to apply for a temp work permit in his native country. The Local embassy would evaluate his credentials and for instance if they think that he intends to go and work as a cook and does not have professional training or experience in that domain, they can still reject it.

This whole process could take up to a year in Pakistan, although depending upon case to case basis could be done faster. But the bottom line is, one has to be skilled and experienced for the job they intend to apply for. BA and cook doesn't sound like going along much, unless the person has been a cook at some renowned restaurants locally already.

The above sounds quite strict but the truth is, LMO procedures have been revised this past april and have made it much difficult for canadian employers to bring people from abroad. Because there are already many jobless people in Canada. So in general unless one possess a skill, which the employers there really need and cant seem to have found locally, chances of getting through are slim.

saadsdk

Sep 13, 2012
SadiqAbad
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07-07-2013
Med's Request
22-07-2013
Med's Done....
25-07-2013
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2013
LANDED..........
InshaAllah on 24-12-2013
fkl said:
Hi Saad and we are doing well.

The requirements for your friend would pretty much be the same, relatives or not, it doesn't have much impact. The motel owner has to have posted a job for some time and prove to govt. of Canada that they were not able to find a useful resource and hence need to get this person from abroad. The employer needs to pay fee to the government (A few hundred dollars perhaps and wait). The approval they would receive is called LMO. That LMO will be used by your friend to apply for a temp work permit in his native country. The Local embassy would evaluate his credentials and for instance if they think that he intends to go and work as a cook and does not have professional training or experience in that domain, they can still reject it.

This whole process could take up to a year in Pakistan, although depending upon case to case basis could be done faster. But the bottom line is, one has to be skilled and experienced for the job they intend to apply for. BA and cook doesn't sound like going along much, unless the person has been a cook at some renowned restaurants locally already.

The above sounds quite strict but the truth is, LMO procedures have been revised this past april and have made it much difficult for canadian employers to bring people from abroad. Because there are already many jobless people in Canada. So in general unless one possess a skill, which the employers there really need and cant seem to have found locally, chances of getting through are slim.
thanks bro for ur previous reply...The thing i understand from ur post is that main thing is LMO and experience letter. Experience is not a problem as we can attach experience letter of some local restaurant. Also if we attach some certificate of cooking cource than i think i would make our case strong

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

saadsdk said:
thanks bro for ur previous reply...The thing i understand from ur post is that main thing is LMO and experience letter. Experience is not a problem as we can attach experience letter of some local restaurant. Also if we attach some certificate of cooking cource than i think i would make our case strong
And get banned for 5 years for misrepresentation when CHC finds out the letters are false.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
PMM said:
Hi

And get banned for 5 years for misrepresentation when CHC finds out the letters are false.
Exactly, it couldn't have been better stated (than the way PMM indicated). CIC deals with this every day. So it is pretty easy for them to figure out a fake profile vs a real one. Even if they have doubts they would call the person for an interview which at the minimum delays the process significantly and at worst can quickly tell if the person is faking a profile or not.

Just FYI to prove some past job experiences, they ask for more than just experience letters. For e.g. i my case, i submitted experience letters, references, resume, salary slips from more than one past employers (at least from the recent ones are needed) plus bank statements showing the claimed salaries being transferred regularly in the past. Of course this is coupled with real education degrees, matching the job profile some one claim to go after.

And these are just the things we are aware of. Probably they would have other ways of verifying.

Moral of the story, it is not easy to deceive CIC (putting ethics aside).

Update:
Please stick to genuine means. We as Pakistanis have already been notorious for wrong doings and hence face unique treatment every where in the world and i agree that most of the times, we deserve that. At least try to help improving that impression, rather than going the other way round.