+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP for my Wife

pandu33

Aug 2, 2010
Hi,

I am an IT Professional currently in Toronto and have my WP valid till Jul 2011. My Company has applied for Dependant Visa for my Wife and is also valid till JUl 2011. She is going to join me next month. I would like to apply for OWP for my wife at the point of entry airport. I have asked the officer at airport during my arrival and he has said that my wife cannot apply for OWP at airport. Is this correct. If not whom should my wife contact at the airport so that the OWP is done at the airport itself. What are the documents she should carry to facilitate the OWP at airport ? Please advise.

Regards,
Pandu

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you look at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-eligible.asp#enter you see that the people who have the ability to apply for a work permit as they enter Canada are people who have an LMO, don't need an LMO and are visa exempt to Canada. If your wife is from a country that she is visa exempt to enter Canada, she should therefore be able to apply for her OWP as long as you have sent her a copy of your work permit and she has something stating that you are married to prove that she qualifies to get an OWP based on your work permit and she needs to have $150 to pay for it.

If your wife is not from a country that she is visa exempt to enter Canada, she would have to apply once she is in Canada. She can apply online here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp or fill out the forms below and mail them in.

mak387

Jan 6, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-09
Doc's Request.
17-09-09 Sent in Jan 2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-09-09 & 2nd 01-02-2010
IELTS Request
17-09-09 and done on Nov 7,2009
File Transfer...
22-09-09
Med's Request
19 -04-2011
Med's Done....
20-05-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Soon!!!!!!! hopes up!!!!!
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-00
LANDED..........
00-00-00
pandu33 said:
Hi,

I am an IT Professional currently in Toronto and have my WP valid till Jul 2011. My Company has applied for Dependant Visa for my Wife and is also valid till JUl 2011. She is going to join me next month. I would like to apply for OWP for my wife at the point of entry airport. I have asked the officer at airport during my arrival and he has said that my wife cannot apply for OWP at airport. Is this correct. If not whom should my wife contact at the airport so that the OWP is done at the airport itself. What are the documents she should carry to facilitate the OWP at airport ? Please advise.

Regards,
Pandu
Hi there
I'm a line cook 6242, and I'm working here in edmonton and my husband is on owp, I applied for multiple TRV, and we need visa to enter Canada but we planed and he claimed his OWP at the air port and they gave him. so it is easy and possible. and i also help a friend to bring her husband the same way as long as you are FSW in Canada. please pm me I will telll you more info.

G3NandaKumar

May 28, 2010
Hi,
Generally ,husband's workpermit must have duration greater than 6 months for your spouse to apply OWP at the port of entry .

Since you are an IT professional ,you are LMO exempt until Sept30th,2010.So your wife could straight away get the OWP at airport itself ,provided your work permit duration is longer.

Doesn't matter, you can apply for spouse's OWP even now (Even in being Canada) !!