+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP approved under Implied Status?

sunnamont

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Sherbrooke, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Hello. I will apply for my sponsorship under common-law family class which will also include a OWP. I will apply in March and my visitor record will expire in April, so I dont think there will be enough time for CIC to give me an answer for my OWP. Therefore, my question is: is it possible for my OWP to be approved under Implied Status (because of PR application), or do I need to extend my visitor status?

frange

May 25, 2018
Hello. I will apply for my sponsorship under common-law family class which will also include a OWP. I will apply in March and my visitor record will expire in April, so I dont think there will be enough time for CIC to give me an answer for my OWP. Therefore, my question is: is it possible for my OWP to be approved under Implied Status (because of PR application), or do I need to extend my visitor status?
1- I would recommend you to extend her/his visitor status to be in the safe side. One month is very short to process the OWP application. For any reason, if they return the application he/she will be out of status.

2- Yes they can process and approve it under implied status. So, they have to receive the application complete when you are under a legal status. If the application is returned for missing documents or anything else, by the time your status expired, you don't have implied status and you become illegal in the country.

Conclusion: Extend the visitor visa since the process is timeless, deadliness.

Reactions: sunnamont

sunnamont

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Sherbrooke, Quebec
Category........
FAM
1- I would recommend you to extend her/his visitor status to be in the safe side. One month is very short to process the OWP application. For any reason, if they return the application he/she will be out of status.

2- Yes they can process and approve it under implied status. So, they have to receive the application complete when you are under a legal status. If the application is returned for missing documents or anything else, by the time your status expired, you don't have implied status and you become illegal in the country.

Conclusion: Extend the visitor visa since the process is timeless, deadliness.
Thank you for your answer. We shall consider extend my visitor status to be on the safe side :)