+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Owner / Operator LMIA

MonacoLogan

Aug 17, 2016
Hi All;

Based on my understanding, in order to file an LMIA in support of an owner operator, you must provide the standard LMIA business supporting documentation.

However, if an owner operator is a 100% registered owner of a relatively new business, it is obvious that the business would not be in a position to furnish PD7A's and the like; thus the application may not go through the general intake let alone reach an adjudicating officer.

Is there any changes or guidelines for this?

Otherwise the only alternative I can see is if the owner operator buys into an existing and fully operational business and secures a considerable number of shares.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

janeleith

Mar 3, 2016
Hi All;

Based on my understanding, in order to file an LMIA in support of an owner operator, you must provide the standard LMIA business supporting documentation.

However, if an owner operator is a 100% registered owner of a relatively new business, it is obvious that the business would not be in a position to furnish PD7A's and the like; thus the application may not go through the general intake let alone reach an adjudicating officer.

Is there any changes or guidelines for this?

Otherwise the only alternative I can see is if the owner operator buys into an existing and fully operational business and secures a considerable number of shares.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
May I ask what is PD7A?