+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overstayed my visa

Jan 25, 2013
I was living in toronto for a year then when my visa was nearly up i applied for an extension through iec and thought that in doing that would entitle me to work while on my extension. I then applied for my next visa thinking that everything was all good..A few months went by with no word back on my visa so i emailed immagration asking what the hold up was. It was then then they asked for some details and felt that and saw that i was working while i shouldn't have been and was then issued a departure notice. Got the letter to my home address but a few weeks went by and had received no contact to my work, my home or my cell so I decided to stick on a few more months work before I was to started university back home in Ireland in Sept, which turned into 11 in the end. I left last august and came back home to ireland. On leaving Canada I had no problems getting out of the country and made it home safe with no questions asked. What my issue is that i'm hoping to go back over this summer for a few months. My question is will I encounter any problems when entering the country this time?