+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

overstay visa Rn wants to aply for canada

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
If you have an RN degree in the US but you are out of status can u apply as a skilled migrant to Canada?
i
ie. if u overstay visitors visa

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ssanndy said:
If you have an RN degree in the US but you are out of status can u apply as a skilled migrant to Canada?
i
Only if your original admission to the US was for a year.

PMM

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
PMM said:
Hi

ssanndy said:
i
Only if your original admission to the US was for a year.

PMM

6 months

but what is you are applying as the dependent (not the primary applicant).. does it matter then?

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
If you are dependent, your status won't matter. I have known someone and got the PR like that.

Someone else can still confirm this though..

reydon123

Star Member
Nov 5, 2008
ssandy, yes you can still apply to immigrate to canada even though you are out of status in U.S.
If you have a valid visa for at least a year here in us, you can file to one of the offices here in U.S.
If you entered here in US as a tourist and you were granted less than a year, you can definitely apply as FSW to canada to your country of origin. RN is listed on one of the 38 occupational list that are highly in demand in canada and will be fast tracked provided you meet the rest of the requirements.
Check CIC website, there you will see the needed requirements.
I am a nurse myself, out of status here in US, applied in CIC-MANILA and just waiting for my medical request.
Start your application ASAP, nurses are really in high demand in CANADA and everywhere else.

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
reydon123 said:
ssandy, yes you can still apply to immigrate to canada even though you are out of status in U.S.
If you have a valid visa for at least a year here in us, you can file to one of the offices here in U.S.
If you entered here in US as a tourist and you were granted less than a year, you can definitely apply as FSW to canada to your country of origin. RN is listed on one of the 38 occupational list that are highly in demand in canada and will be fast tracked provided you meet the rest of the requirements.
Check CIC website, there you will see the needed requirements.
I am a nurse myself, out of status here in US, applied in CIC-MANILA and just waiting for my medical request.
Start your application ASAP, nurses are really in high demand in CANADA and everywhere else.
what if you aply as a dependent, can u go through the buffalo office?
]also check ur box i sent u a personal message

reydon123

Star Member
Nov 5, 2008
ssandy, if for example you are from the Philippines and you overstay your visitors visa in US and you plan to apply to Canada, your application can be processed in US provided you have a valid one year stay here in US. If you dont have one, you can still apply but the office that will process your application will be the one from your country of origin, which is the Philippines. You dont need to go back to the Philippines to process your application, you can process it here, meaning you provide all the requirements/documentation needed while you are here. The only time you need to go back to the Philippines is when you are called for an interview. There are a lot of reasons why a particular applicant is being called for an interview.
So make sure from the start, that your application are all in order, well documented.