+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overlap between removal order and PR aplicattion. Help!

Akhenatonbta

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hello everyone!

Today, I had to show to the officer at Airport road because I received a letter about an active removal order I have. I got this removal order because I didn't show up by the day of the hearing but that was for medical issues. My lawyer sent a letter of explanation before my hearing but I didn't show up at the second spacial hearing. That's why I got the removal order activated. Anyways, I sent a letter to reopen the case, but I haven't gotten any response yet from it.

The issue here is, today I was talking to the officer and he asked me to leave the country in one month. I hope to get any response about the reopening by then.

The thing is I also have a PR application with my spouse who got a Protected person status and she included me in her application. That application was sent one year ago and I was already asked for a police certificate, they also have my medical done. My concern is about that application. If I leave the country that PR application will it be canceled? We did that application inside Canada obviously. The other thing is if I got that PR under her protected person class, I couldn't go to my country too? My spouse and I are the same country.

Thanks in advance!!

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Hello
Your concern is very legitimate
Your PR application is inland application
If they deported you this will affect your PR application

Akhenatonbta

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hello
Your concern is very legitimate
Your PR application is inland application
If they deported you this will affect your PR application
What happens if I let them know I have to leave because of that order? I am just waiting for the decision. What happens if a positive decision is made and I am outside the country?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What happens if I let them know I have to leave because of that order? I am just waiting for the decision. What happens if a positive decision is made and I am outside the country?
You would have to file for ARC first. By not showing up at your hearing you likely made it harder on yourself. CBSA may have been more cooperative had they thought they could trust you.

Akhenatonbta

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
What is the update on this? Did you leave? did you receive the PR?
Due to the pandemic, all deportations stopped. Also, my refugee claimant was re open, so CBSA can't take me out. Besides, my wife got an email a few days ago with a decision made on our PR application. It says: decision has been made and we have to wait to an appointment to present our passports and that I met all the eligibility requirements. Now waiting for the appointment.

tessytessy

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Due to the pandemic, all deportations stopped. Also, my refugee claimant was re open, so CBSA can't take me out. Besides, my wife got an email a few days ago with a decision made on our PR application. It says: decision has been made and we have to wait to an appointment to present our passports and that I met all the eligibility requirements. Now waiting for the appointment.
Congratulations. I am happy for you.