Outland V Inland? UK to Canada

OhCanada77

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
England
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Me: 39. UK resident. Currently studying for a BSc. Child from previous relationship. Work part time in the care sector. Renting house.
Him: 40. Canadian resident. Working full time at the same company for 20 years. No children. Renting house.

We have known each other about 7 years. Got married a few weeks ago. I've been over to Canada 6 times now and we always go on trips (USA/Toronto/Montreal/Halifax/Thunder Bay) so evidence of 'real' relationship isn't an issue. Have pictures/skype conversations/texts etc..

I'm staying in the UK to finish my degree as i figure it will help me get a job when we (my son and i) do eventually emigrate, as well as the fact that i'm nearly half way through and i've put so much work in already. (Started it to advance my career) It's horrible being over here away from him but i can't get my student loan if i live in Canada.

BUT they are asking for joint utility bills, joint names on lease etc... which we clearly cannot provide. I am tempted to not finish my degree and go over now and apply inland but then i couldn't work and would be nervous about being declined and then we can't appeal and i'd have left my UK job/flat etc...

I've read as much as i can about inland V outland and our situation but there's not much info about UK - Canada emigration with our circumstances.

Does anyone have any advice? I won't be finished with Open University for 3 years and while we've conducted our relationship this way for years, now we're married it's even worse you know? I miss him so much and it feels so alien to be here when the 3 of us should be together! But i'm also aware of how it would be throwing away all the work and chances if i withdraw from my degree! :'(

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Me: 39. UK resident. Currently studying for a BSc. Child from previous relationship. Work part time in the care sector. Renting house.
Him: 40. Canadian resident. Working full time at the same company for 20 years. No children. Renting house.

We have known each other about 7 years. Got married a few weeks ago. I've been over to Canada 6 times now and we always go on trips (USA/Toronto/Montreal/Halifax/Thunder Bay) so evidence of 'real' relationship isn't an issue. Have pictures/skype conversations/texts etc..

I'm staying in the UK to finish my degree as i figure it will help me get a job when we (my son and i) do eventually emigrate, as well as the fact that i'm nearly half way through and i've put so much work in already. (Started it to advance my career) It's horrible being over here away from him but i can't get my student loan if i live in Canada.

BUT they are asking for joint utility bills, joint names on lease etc... which we clearly cannot provide. I am tempted to not finish my degree and go over now and apply inland but then i couldn't work and would be nervous about being declined and then we can't appeal and i'd have left my UK job/flat etc...

I've read as much as i can about inland V outland and our situation but there's not much info about UK - Canada emigration with our circumstances.

Does anyone have any advice? I won't be finished with Open University for 3 years and while we've conducted our relationship this way for years, now we're married it's even worse you know? I miss him so much and it feels so alien to be here when the 3 of us should be together! But i'm also aware of how it would be throwing away all the work and chances if i withdraw from my degree! :'(
Maybe head on over to the family class forum on here.. We are a helpful bunch!

Do a search in there and if you still have questions post in there. That forum gets a lot more action than here!

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Just realised this is a waaaaaay old post and you're probably sorted by now!

Forgive me.. Not enough coffee yet!