+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland spouse PR application- Australia

jAshAnjosan

Jan 19, 2018
Hi

Can anyone help me understand how long would the wait be to get my husband’s PR approval, following is my application timeline:

June 18,2023- applied for outland spousal application for my husband who is on work visa in Australia

Aug 28, 2023- received AOR

Dec 2, 2023- sent a webform to immigration requesting for an update

Jan 12, 2023 - received an update from an immigration officer that they are working on the file.

Jan 17, 2023- received biometrics request

Jan 19, 2023- received medical request

Jan 21, 2023- received my sponsor eligibility letter, stating that I qualify.

what next can I expect and how long until the final step ?

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

No but would suggest you order Gcms notes, the sponsor eligibility letter coming ~six months later and bio/medical request that late are a bit unusual. Were you - the sponsor - outside of Canada or any other things like social assistance in question?

jAshAnjosan

Jan 19, 2018
I am the sponsor living in Canada holding a PR status, never applied for social assistance, never left Canada since the day of the application.
maybe the case processing officer didn’t realize my application was there and it came to their notice when I sent them a webform.

Anyhow, what is the next step after this, how much time would it take ideally to receive a response ?

Would the steps till now suggest that it will be a positive news regarding the PR and would it be anytime sooner?

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am the sponsor living in Canada holding a PR status, never applied for social assistance, never left Canada since the day of the application.
maybe the case processing officer didn’t realize my application was there and it came to their notice when I sent them a webform.
Perhaps. Repeat my suggestion to order gcms notes.

Would the steps till now suggest that it will be a positive news regarding the PR and would it be anytime sooner?
Steps until now suggest there was some glitch or something at the beginning. Whether that was significant or not is worth looking into. See above.

Steps until now suggest positive only in the sense that most spousal apps are eventually approved, and not that many refused. The glitch (for neutral term) doesn't yet have enough information to say more.

That said: based on delays so far, the process was obviously ... delayed. Higher probability it takes longer than 'average' and possibly longer than the posted timelines now (which is 12 months, if the destination is not Quebec). That's a probability, not a conclusion.

Sukie688

Dec 22, 2023
Hi

Can anyone help me understand how long would the wait be to get my husband’s PR approval, following is my application timeline:

June 18,2023- applied for outland spousal application for my husband who is on work visa in Australia

Aug 28, 2023- received AOR

Dec 2, 2023- sent a webform to immigration requesting for an update

Jan 12, 2023 - received an update from an immigration officer that they are working on the file.

Jan 17, 2023- received biometrics request

Jan 19, 2023- received medical request

Did you mean 2024?
No but would suggest you order Gcms notes, the sponsor eligibility letter coming ~six months later and bio/medical request that late are a bit unusual. Were you - the sponsor - outside of Canada or any other things like social assistance in question?
Armoured why did you ask about social assistance holding up application?
thx