+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

outland spousal sponsorship questions - need clarity

NixSupernova

Aug 6, 2023
hello everyone

My husband -Argentine- and I -Canadian citizen- are nearly finished our application but we have some questions of things that are unclear-confusing or there is conflicting information on how to approach

We are currently living together in Argentina while we wait for his visa and then we go to Canada to settle.

Does my husband need to show proof of his education history, his past travel-work program history ?

I am not currently working but have written a LOE and have invitation letter from my employer, i will be receiving an inheritance soon and we also have full financial support from my mother , 2 offers of free accommodation. Do I need to include my past ROEs and tax returns or not because I have a letter from my employer stating I have a job to return to with my wage and benefits?

On the sponsor evaluation form Where it asks - what is your highest level of education - and has primary , secondary, college and post secondary - do i leave the other lines blank and just enter 1 year in the college option or do i put 13 years, or do i put 8 years of primary, 4 years of secondary and 1 year of college . I have seen this approached all 3 ways and I am not sure which one is correct

On the relationship evaluation form where it says - do you have any other information your wish to include to support your relationship- we just put "please see attached document named so and so and photos document named so and so" because what the heck am I supposed to write here that isn't extensively stated in my LOE and photos and proof of relationship etc etc.

Years ago my husband while he was studying psychology did 4 work and travel programs to the USA ' but he was never there for longer than 4.5 months and each time was a different location. He has always remained a citizen of Argentina and has always returned to his studies and work here. So on form Imm0008 PA personal history - we have made sure to leave no gaps in time and explained in the given fields exactly so it is clear but does he need to provide a LOE for this section? We are very confused about status as on the online form it asks *have you lived in any country other than your own for longer than 6 months?¨* and the answer is NO he hasn't. But then on the Application forms guide sponsor spouse of Canada page it says " Previous countries of residence - Have you lived in any country for longer than 6 months NOT just in a row and please provide an explanation - He was in the USA sometimes as a tourist and sometimes on a work visa - Collectively about 14 months over the past 5 years but like I said never longer than 4.5 months at a time.

So is the application forms guide Old and outdated information because we don't see anywhere on the application forms does it say "not just in a row"

My husband is on the verge of paying for a lawyer to look at everything first before we submit, would this be worth it?

Also one last thing, we have been trying to pay, my husbands brother who lives in miami and has a wells fargo credit card but it wont go through. Can someone advise on this ?

Signed,
Exhausted and stressed and confused ;P