+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Application when living in Canada

Jun 24, 2010
Hello All,
I know that this topic has been brought up several times and I've read almost all of the posts.... but... I am looking for some feedback from recent applicants for USA / Canada visas

My husband lives with me in Canada and we are in the process of filling out all of our paperwork for the application. However, from everthing that we've read, the inland application is SIGNIFICANTLY longer than the outland. I understand that we can apply outland even if he lives in Canada with me (on a Temp Visa). Has anybody ever run into any issues with this? Have you had any problems travelling back and forth between USA and Canada? Have you applied for an extension on the Temp Visa? Did you have medical done in Canada? You criminal clearance / FBI stuff need to be done in USA and what was the turnaround?

Any feedback you can give us would be great!

Thanks so much.

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
21/11/2011 Passport Request!!!
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!! :)
A sponsored person who is living in Canada can use the 'inland' application, but can also choose to do the 'outland' if they prefer.
'Outland' is usually faster than 'inland', and if the application is refused, 'outland' applicants can appeal; 'inland' applicants can't.
This answer was given to me by canadianwoman and I find it to be a straight forward useful answer. I Hope this helps :)

I

iarblue

You can also have your fingerprints done in Canada and sent to the FBI,your medical can be done in Canada,you can include an extension for his TRV with the PR application,after first stage approval they will issue him his extension,as long as you have the Application in before his TRV expires he is on immplied status untill he recieves his new TRV.
He can travel back and forth to the states but just beware even though he has a visa does not mean they have to let him back in its still up to the IO.But being from the US it shouldnt be a problem.Your best choice would be an outland app through Buffalo.
Inland if you chose,he is required to stay in Canada during the process,if he leaves he could face the chance of not getting back in where his app would then be thrown out.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
I applied last fall outland conjugal partner while in Canada on a TRV. I did the medical here, but sent off the fingerprints from the US and had them mailed to Canada. FBI clearances are taking about 3 months right now and several forum members have reported problems with low quality prints and have had to resubmit.

I also applied for an extension of my TRV (I was only given two months when I got my visitor record) but my PR was approved before my extension request was even processed. The TRV gives you temporary status IN Canada; it does not allow you to come and go. Once you leave, the TRV is no longer valid. So I did not leave during the process; I was afraid I would not be allowed back until the PR was approved.

Hope that helps. Feel free to PM me if you want to ask more questions.
Allison