+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Application - Biometrics at Service Canada?

kellymariefw

Jan 6, 2020
Hi everyone,
I live in the US with my fiance. We applied for his permanent residency under the family class (outland) back in February.
I bought a house and our plan has been to move there next month and wait for his application to be approved within Canada. However, the USCIS offices closed shortly before his biometrics appointment and of course we haven't been able to get it done since then.
I was under the impression that he had to do his biometrics here, but I just recently saw on the IRCC website that Service Canada has been collecting biometrics since December of 2019.
If we proceed with moving to Canada next month, would he be able to get his biometrics done at a Service Canada location once they reopen, even though we applied from outside the country? Or would he have to go back to the US for that?
Thank you :)

mnorr

Mar 18, 2021
Okay great. We do have an instruction letter. We'll try to make an appointment after they reopen. Thank you!
Hey there! Can I ask if you were successful with this? My husband (PA) is a US citizen but is travelling to Canada, and I'm wondering if he'll be able to complete his biometrics when he's here so he doesn't have to postpone his trip.

Thanks!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey there! Can I ask if you were successful with this? My husband (PA) is a US citizen but is travelling to Canada, and I'm wondering if he'll be able to complete his biometrics when he's here so he doesn't have to postpone his trip.

Thanks!
Yes he can. Anywhere in the world really.