AOR Received.
07-03-2011
File Transfer...
07-01-2011
Med's Done....
26-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
I'm currently sponsoring my husband, who is living in the US. Outland application, thru Buffalo. It's extremely hard for us to be apart.

Can he apply for a work visa, so we can be reunited until the sponsorship application is finalized?

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Cindy1 said:
I'm currently sponsoring my husband, who is living in the US. Outland application, thru Buffalo. It's extremely hard for us to be apart.

Can he apply for a work visa, so we can be reunited until the sponsorship application is finalized?
Hi Cindy1,

You can. I've considered doing that. The problem is, it can take a while for them to process the work visa, and I know in some cases, you're required to have a pre-arranged employment offer, before they grant you the ability to work. That can be hard to get, given that many of us Outlanders are outside of the country, unable to attend interviews in person, and obviously, unable to start immediately (due to paperwork and bureaucracy issues).

You're going through Buffalo. When did you apply? I applied in November. They're processing the application now. In most cases, people are seeing PPR within 3-4 months, if everything is complete and there's no issues.

It's hard. It sucks. My wife and I make it work by seeing each other once a month (flights are $600 round-trip - so it's not at all cheap), and using Skype every day.

You can look into the work visa option, but it might be more feasible to just wait it out (like all of us), and you'll hear good news soon enough (and when you least expect it).

Cindy1

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-04-2011
AOR Received.
07-03-2011
File Transfer...
07-01-2011
Med's Done....
26-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Thanks for your reply Pharoh!

We applied at the beginning of Dec., file sent to Buffalo beginning of January.

I've been told it's 11 months, and also Buffalo is behind/delayed in processing. So I'm worried it will be at least 11 months. It's very encouraging that you have heard back so quickly and it seems that you will be reunited shortly.

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Cindy1 said:
Thanks for your reply Pharoh!

We applied at the beginning of Dec., file sent to Buffalo beginning of January.

I've been told it's 11 months, and also Buffalo is behind/delayed in processing. So I'm worried it will be at least 11 months. It's very encouraging that you have heard back so quickly and it seems that you will be reunited shortly.
Hi Cindy1,

11 months is a worst-case-scenario, not the average processing time. In rare cases, it can be 11 months or more, if there's lost paperwork, if an interview is required, if they request additional documents (on multiple occasions, each time putting a 90-day hold on your file). The likelihood of it taking 11 months is slim. In reality, you're a month behind me, and you should be receiving your AOR (acknowledgment of receipt) from Buffalo within the next few weeks. I got mine a couple days ago. If all goes well, you could very well have PPR in 2-3 months.