+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland App with Overstay? Will it hurt my chances?

catified

Apr 27, 2012
OK I'll admit, I came here in 2006. But I did go in and out of the country at first. I left and came back every few months to reset the status. We didnt apply earlier for PR because we have an application in the USA pending and originally wanted to move to the US. But Oct 2010, I got lazy and stopped leaving/coming back in - but I had an excuse! In 2010, I became pregnant with a high risk pregnancy, was ordered on strict bed rest, was hemorrhaging and had to have multiple ultrasounds done. So I was afraid that traveling back to the USA for a few weeks would put me at risk. I gave birth in Canada(yes, I paid 10k for a emergency csection!) and decided that we wanted to raise our baby in Canada. But I've now overstayed, soooo...I am planning on being honest in my outland application, of where I have been living, and Im planning on leaving and filing from the US and hope the border lets me back in(I have read about how to get a VR).

My question is...has anyone been in my shoes and everything was okay? Im really scared they're going to deport me or give me some interpol record for overstaying and put me in jail!! I dont want to be split from my son and my husband. I want to apply, but Im terrified if I tell them about my overstay.

Thank you, and this forum is great. Spent the entire night reading it! :)

Pummelchen

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can overstay up to 90 days if you apply to get your status restored and pay the fee within these 90 days. If its longer than that you broke the law.

I would call CiC to discuss the situation, they wont be happy and your PR application will be in trouble. People got deported out of their bed for overstaying.

Ryathe

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
24-08-2012
Passport Req..
3-1-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-1-2013
LANDED..........
23-1-2013
catified - how's been going for you? Everything's ok?