+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of Status 1.5 Years, Applying for Refugee Status This Month

HelpMeOut777

Jun 11, 2019
Hello

I have been in Canada for almost 10 years now on Student and Visitor Status until about 1.5 years ago when CIC refused a renewal and then refused restoration.

There was no date on the refusals and was just asked to leave as soon as I can in the letter.

However I cannot go back to my country for very obvious reasons, it would be impossible for me.

I was living in Toronto and moved to Montreal after refusal because of cheaper rent.

I am going to be submitting my application for refugee in the next two weeks : I have spent the past 1.5 year waiting on a proposed change in my country's situation but they've just toughened up very recently instead and it's impossible for me to go back.

My questions are:

1) Could there be a removal order already for me without a hearing? Is there ever such a thing? At the time of my refusal 1.5 years ago I was told I DID NOT have a removal order against me and should just leave as soon as I could.

2) How does the in-Canada process in MOntreal work? I just go to the office and submit all the paper application? How long till they determine you're eligible ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello

I have been in Canada for almost 10 years now on Student and Visitor Status until about 1.5 years ago when CIC refused a renewal and then refused restoration.

There was no date on the refusals and was just asked to leave as soon as I can in the letter.

However I cannot go back to my country for very obvious reasons, it would be impossible for me.

I was living in Toronto and moved to Montreal after refusal because of cheaper rent.

I am going to be submitting my application for refugee in the next two weeks : I have spent the past 1.5 year waiting on a proposed change in my country's situation but they've just toughened up very recently instead and it's impossible for me to go back.

My questions are:

1) Could there be a removal order already for me without a hearing? Is there ever such a thing? At the time of my refusal 1.5 years ago I was told I DID NOT have a removal order against me and should just leave as soon as I could.

2) How does the in-Canada process in MOntreal work? I just go to the office and submit all the paper application? How long till they determine you're eligible ?
1) Yes - it's possible there's a removal order. Also quite possible there isn't. You don't need to have a hearing for their to be a removal order. For example, if you received a fornal departure order 1.5 years ago that would have automatically turned into a deportation order when you didn't leave Canada in 30 days.
2) Yes - you just submit the paperwork. It will take 2-3 years to determine if you are eligible.

HelpMeOut777

Jun 11, 2019
1) Yes - it's possible there's a removal order. Also quite possible there isn't. You don't need to have a hearing for their to be a removal order. For example, if you received a fornal departure order 1.5 years ago that would have automatically turned into a deportation order when you didn't leave Canada in 30 days.
2) Yes - you just submit the paperwork. It will take 2-3 years to determine if you are eligible.
Thanks @scylla I just have two more questions:

1) If you have a removal order against you won't CBSA try and contact you through means like your phone or email? My phone and email have never changed with CIC. When I was on phone last with them on the day of my refusal I was told by the CAll Centre that there was no removal or departure order at the time.

2) I am quite scared of already having a removal order and going to the office to submit my paperwork. Is there any way to ensure that there is no removal order currently in my name?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks @scylla I just have two more questions:

1) If you have a removal order against you won't CBSA try and contact you through means like your phone or email? My phone and email have never changed with CIC. When I was on phone last with them on the day of my refusal I was told by the CAll Centre that there was no removal or departure order at the time.

2) I am quite scared of already having a removal order and going to the office to submit my paperwork. Is there any way to ensure that there is no removal order currently in my name?
1) They would generally contact you through your address rather than email or phone. Have you changed addresses in the last 1.5 years? If there was no departure or removal order the last time you were on the phone with IRCC, that sounds like very good news. At the same time, the IRCC Call Centre isn't that reliable and we generally don't put a lot of faith in them or the information they provide.
2) I'm not aware. Hopefully someone else can help.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
Hello

My questions are:

What country are you from? I dont think you have a good chance of being approved since you were in Canada for 10 years and haven't applied for an asylum yet

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hello

My questions are:

i Guess my questions would be:

What country are you from and also why have you waited this long to file? that might be a problem, have you tried to get legal assistance in case there is a removal order they can try and argue that for you?

All the best thou..

also did you try call the call centre again recently and see if there is a departure order?? even thou again they are not too reliable unfortunately .