+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of canada Driving License but abstract is more than 6 months.

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
Hi all,

I want to apply for a G driving license in Toronto,I have driving experience of more than 10 years all in UAE, i brought my original D/L and the driving authentication paper from UAE traffic department and attested from Canadian embassy and foriegn ministry of UAE ,but the problem isthat the authentication document issue date is more than 6 months old ,however the attestation stamp of the Candaina embassy is a month ago read so would the MTO accept this authentication paper as proof of experienced driver to go directly the G test road.

another question is if I pass the knowledge test and the officer rejects the authentication paper ,as its older than 6 month,will they give me time to bring another authentication document which might take a month to bring ,will the system request me to take G1 road tests exam dates or i can hold up on the knowledge test paper and bring a new authentication paper then go back to MTO to register again and book G road test.

asparksy

Jun 17, 2012
Hi, I don't know about the second questions, but as far as the first, my understanding and experience is that they need to establish that you are (a) currently licensed and (b) have been continuously licensed during the whole period you are claiming. Continuity is the key. So even if the paper you have is old, if you have an actual license with you on which you can show that the issue date was before your authentication document was issued, then you can demonstrate a clear timeline. Hope this helps