+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Original certificates for processing PR Application

badsha

Oct 6, 2013
Hi,

I am in the process of applying for PR in CEC category through an ICCRC registered immigration firm. In one of the requirements they are asking me to submit the notarized certified copy of my educational qualifications along with the originals. I am very skeptical on submitting my original educational certificates to the immigration firm ? Are original certificates required by CIC to process PR applications ? Can anyone please advice on what needs to be done on this ?

Thanks

R0ger

Star Member
Nov 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The CEC document checklist (IMM5610E) does not require submission of the originals of your education diplomas. The only originals you need to submit, besides the signed forms themselves, are the Language Test result, your Police Certificate(s) and the photos.

I suggest that you peruse the document checklist to understand the actual submission requirements and then talk to your immigration consultant to understand why they think that this would be necessary.

gudluckcanada

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11-12-2017
AOR Received.
02-01-2018
badsha said:
Hi,

I am in the process of applying for PR in CEC category through an ICCRC registered immigration firm. In one of the requirements they are asking me to submit the notarized certified copy of my educational qualifications along with the originals. I am very skeptical on submitting my original educational certificates to the immigration firm ? Are original certificates required by CIC to process PR applications ? Can anyone please advice on what needs to be done on this ?

Thanks
Hi,

You need to give copies that are notorized. While notorizing the person will request to see the original.

Your immigration lawyer/consultant doesnt need the originals unless they are going to notorize it for you.

I dont think CIC might ask for the originals. But if they want it they will ask you later.