+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Options if SUV application is rejected

rls

Jan 19, 2020
I have been talking to a small incubator in Alberta about applying for an SUV, and have been reading up on the process. One factor I haven't seen addressed is what happens to an applicant who is rejected at the end. If the applicant has set up a Canadian corporation, and is working in Canada under a work permit, what happens to the applicant's status (and that of the business he set up) if his SUV is not approved? What options does he have to remain in Canada? I've seen decision times of 5-16 months mentioned, and approval rates from 5-80%. Given this wide spread of possibilities, I'd like to know what the worst-case scenario would be.

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have been talking to a small incubator in Alberta about applying for an SUV, and have been reading up on the process. One factor I haven't seen addressed is what happens to an applicant who is rejected at the end. If the applicant has set up a Canadian corporation, and is working in Canada under a work permit, what happens to the applicant's status (and that of the business he set up) if his SUV is not approved? What options does he have to remain in Canada? I've seen decision times of 5-16 months mentioned, and approval rates from 5-80%. Given this wide spread of possibilities, I'd like to know what the worst-case scenario would be.

Thanks!
The work permit would continue to be valid until expiry. In terms of getting PR, the applicant would have to qualify and apply under a different economic immigration program like Express Entry or one of the PNP streams.

Reactions: teejax

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019

Thanks!
That's an interesting and very valid question. I am wondering if any of the SUV applicants who are already in Canada on Work Permit can address this question with their lawyer/consultant or incubator.

I am assuming if you have received your work permit, then something really big and bad has to pop-up in your application for the PR rejection. But it will be good to know what alternative options exist at that time, especially as the process is taking 12+ months.

Reactions: teejax