+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Option C/RC143 & Social Housing

E

emmagail

My wife is sponsoring me, we were married 6 years last month.

She stopped working in 2002 when she became pregnant with our first. We came to Canada and she returned to work.

Her income is seriously low looking because of that, and she has started a new job through a temp agency.
Also, as we are moving city, if she gets income linked housing, or the re-location aid (i am currently driving her 55kms each way to work)
Will that affect her sponsoring me?, or should we take the re-location aid, then submit PR forms?

thanks

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rent to gear housing will NOT affect her and relocation assistance should not as long as its not coming in the form of social assistance

E

emmagail

ya rent to gear is what she was looking at, and Ontario Works give up to 2k aid to move to a job

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clarify with ontario works i know they give 1 time assistance with moving or startup but clarify to see if that falls under welfare as it may or may not as Ontario works is welfare but not quite sure since its 1 time and not a regular thing

E

emmagail

i think it will fall under assistence. She has a job, it is to help her. I wont be submitting PR until we have the new address.

What are the rules about welfare - is it not to be on/getting aid from welfare when applying, or not at all for the previous few months?

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it says not to be in receipt of it during the process so as i said since relocation is a 1 time assitance it wouldn't be receiving as they just issue u the check for that month they dont want to see regular pymt so as long as welfare is not your source of income then u are good if she is working no matter how small income ask her to send in paystubs along with option C printout especially if she was getting welfare in the past