+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opening a restaurant

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I am from South India. Since i know cooking & its my Hobby (I cook both Vegetarian & Non vegetarian, more specifically South Indian style. Most of them who have tasted, say its delicious!) would like to start a small Restaurant or mess service ( Food serving ). I HAVE NOT UNDER GONE any training OR Course. Or i don't hold any certification. Can I start one in Canada? what is the procedure need to be followed? Can any one help me getting information on this? Thx!
No you cannot open a restaurant in Canada.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hello, I am from South India. Since i know cooking & its my Hobby (I cook both Vegetarian & Non vegetarian, more specifically South Indian style. Most of them who have tasted, say its delicious!) would like to start a small Restaurant or mess service ( Food serving ). I HAVE NOT UNDER GONE any training OR Course. Or i don't hold any certification. Can I start one in Canada? what is the procedure need to be followed? Can any one help me getting information on this? Thx!
Running a restaurant is not a hobby. And you need deep pockets to do so, tens of thousands of dollars. You don't even have any certification or training.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can also think about getting a food truck or food catering (assume it's the same as mess service).

Torsten1

Oct 4, 2023
https://www.meinbezirk.at/baden/c-regionauten-community/die-meisterwarteten-buecher-fuer-2023-in-oesterreich_a6007056
Register your business with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). You can do this online or by mail. Here you can find good discounts and recommendations https://www.meinbezirk.at/baden/c-regionauten-community/die-meisterwarteten-buecher-fuer-2023-in-oesterreich_a6007056

GeREzero

Jun 19, 2023
Good luck on your culinary journey. Hope everything went great! BTW any great restaurants to visit in California?

RekidaSmart

May 25, 2023
Your passion for South Indian cooking is awesome! Starting a small restaurant in Canada is doable, even without formal training. Begin by researching local regulations, permits, and health codes. Connect with the local health department for specifics. Networking with other restaurateurs and seeking advice can be valuable. While I can't give you Canada-specific details, https://www.mklibrary.com/best-sacramento-restaurants/ has a Guide to the Best Sacramento Restaurants; maybe it could inspire your journey.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your passion for South Indian cooking is awesome! Starting a small restaurant in Canada is doable, even without formal training. Begin by researching local regulations, permits, and health codes. Connect with the local health department for specifics. Networking with other restaurateurs and seeking advice can be valuable. While I can't give you Canada-specific details, https://www.mklibrary.com/best-sacramento-restaurants/ has a Guide to the Best Sacramento Restaurants; maybe it could inspire your journey.
But Sacramento is in the USA.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Eff off spammer