+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit

svijay.99

Apr 8, 2012
hi all,

i have a question I applied for spouse open work permit and they request for Australian Indian PCC and Australian driving history.
Is there any chance for get visa or is this normal requirements

Rayfah

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
Ca
naa m on after study work visa and my wife she moved to Canada on a study visa
can I please know when you applied? Because myself and husband are in same situation too. He applied for OWP on 3rd March. Please keep me updated

Rayfah

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
u applied on 29 January and i got the email on 26 feb for PCC and Australian driving history
Hi! Did you get your decision yet? Is your visa processed in Sydney? I applied for my spouse on 3rd March, biometrics on 7th March. Please reply

As per IRCC Website:

Queensland
If you live or have lived in Queensland, you must submit a traffic history with your police certificate that goes back to your 18th birthday or the day on which your first Australian driver’s licence was issued. You can apply online through Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads.

Victoria
If you live or have lived in Victoria, you must submit a full licence history search with your police certificate that goes back to your 18th birthday or the day on which your first Australian driver’s licence was issued. You can apply online through VicRoads.

Note: if you’re not able to provide a traffic history or a full licence history search, you must provide a letter issued by the Queensland and/or Victoria roads authority with your police certificate to confirm that you’ve never held a driver’s licence in that state.

___

This is because those states do not record DUIs and similar offences in the same way to the national police database, and so they can only be uncovered by cross-checking with the driving histories.

Rayfah

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
As per IRCC Website:

Queensland
If you live or have lived in Queensland, you must submit a traffic history with your police certificate that goes back to your 18th birthday or the day on which your first Australian driver’s licence was issued. You can apply online through Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads.

Victoria
If you live or have lived in Victoria, you must submit a full licence history search with your police certificate that goes back to your 18th birthday or the day on which your first Australian driver’s licence was issued. You can apply online through VicRoads.

Note: if you’re not able to provide a traffic history or a full licence history search, you must provide a letter issued by the Queensland and/or Victoria roads authority with your police certificate to confirm that you’ve never held a driver’s licence in that state.

___

This is because those states do not record DUIs and similar offences in the same way to the national police database, and so they can only be uncovered by cross-checking with the driving histories.
Thank you so much.