+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit - ORIGINAL REASON Question

vonster

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
My bf's gf is coming to Canada on a visitor visa and on the visa we say she is visiting a friend and that she is single (she just recently divorced)...we plan to apply her PR as inland but looking at the Open Work Permit forms, it asks this question:

My original reason for coming to Canada:

Do we need to ensure that this answer matches the reason we gave for applying for her trv?

From my understanding, if the visa officer knows she's visiting her bf, it is very likely that her visa will be rejected...

Thanks

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
I think if she were to state she was single and coming to visit a friend then turn around and apply for PR it could be considered a misrepresentation of the truth. Is a common law application or do they plan on getting married in Canada and applying?

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
there is a 50 50 chance she will get accepted or rejected. I will give you my experience.

i am from a 3rd world country in the caribbean.
never visited canada.
my boyfriend (who i met on line) wrote a letter that I submitted with my application for a temporary visitor visa
i got a visitor visa for 6 months!
sheer luck?
my facts: i am working so i had work letter, i had money in the bank so i had bank statements.i have a good education (dunno if that counted)
sooooooooooooooooo.....without lieing no problems..why was this important? because when we finally got married, when the visa officer is going through my file, he will see that 1 and half years ago they granted me a visitor visa to visit my boyfriend...here in establishing the relationship and hopefully proving that it is a bonafide relationship and hopefully wil help in my pr getting approved. see the chain reaction?

now my experience may not be the same as yours. but if you go your route, when you are filling out the paperwork for her PR they ask all sorts of questions...when did you first meet, progression of relationship and so forth...so will you have to lie for all that to match this visitor visa that you are getting based on friendship? so is it that you are going to state that she came to 'visit' a friend, met your brother..and got married shortly after? then the time line for the development of this relationship is very short seeing that she can only stay for 6 months at a time and puts a question mark on the relationship.

vonster

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
kelKel said:
I think if she were to state she was single and coming to visit a friend then turn around and apply for PR it could be considered a misrepresentation of the truth. Is a common law application or do they plan on getting married in Canada and applying?
originally my brother planned to go home to indonesia and marry her there...
but because it's going to cost much more, like $10,000 instead of only $2000 if she comes here...
they plan to getting married here...

that's why i think he needs to say the reason for her visa is: to visit her boyfriend in canada...
even though most likely she will be rejected because obviously they will suspect she will marry in canada...

i also believe that at the border, when they realize that this is the purpose of her visit, they may question her if she plans on getting married in canada...

and HoneyBird, what do you mean by work letter?
his gf does have an employment contract that we can show for the visa application...

though the new rule that came sept 30 worries me....
either way, they can get married in canada...if she gets rejected, she will have to apply from back home...

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
vonster said:
originally my brother planned to go home to indonesia and marry her there...
but because it's going to cost much more, like $10,000 instead of only $2000 if she comes here...
they plan to getting married here...

that's why i think he needs to say the reason for her visa is: to visit her boyfriend in canada...
even though most likely she will be rejected because obviously they will suspect she will marry in canada...

i also believe that at the border, when they realize that this is the purpose of her visit, they may question her if she plans on getting married in canada...

and HoneyBird, what do you mean by work letter?
his gf does have an employment contract that we can show for the visa application...

though the new rule that came sept 30 worries me....
either way, they can get married in canada...if she gets rejected, she will have to apply from back home...
employment letter stating that i am working x years, earning x pay and have x amount of vacation leave per year. :