+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit-how to remove conditions

brit_brat

Mar 12, 2018
I just received my open work permit in the post.

One major problem is that part of my conditions are I am unable to work as a teacher.

I have been working as a primary teacher in Canada for two years and have applied for common-law spousal sponsorship.

When I applied for the open work permit it said nothing at all (as far as I can remember, please correct me If I am wrong) about having to fill something out on the form so that I am able to teach.

Could someone please help me and tell me
a) whether it is possible to change these conditions
b) what do i need to do to change the conditions (does having a medical solve the problem?)
c) how long roughly does it take to get a new work permit? My current employer has offered me a new contract but I can't sign it until my new work permit comes through.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Ha97

Jun 10, 2018
You can contact one of physician reconisged by CIC...and can go to the border to flagpole...you can get new work permit in 2 hours

brit_brat

Mar 12, 2018
You can contact one of physician reconisged by CIC...and can go to the border to flagpole...you can get new work permit in 2 hours
Thank you very much for your quick response.

Do you know the risks to "flagpoling"?

And how do I know if my medical exam has been processed so that the border agent can view the updated status?

Should I have done the medical exam prior to receiving the

Sarah

brit_brat

Mar 12, 2018
work permit or is this normal protocol to get the medical exam after the work permit is received?

Thank you in advance!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you very much for your quick response.

Do you know the risks to "flagpoling"?

And how do I know if my medical exam has been processed so that the border agent can view the updated status?

Should I have done the medical exam prior to receiving the

Sarah
You can try flagpoling but no guarantees that they will process it.

Allow a few weeks after doing the medical for it to be uploaded and reviewed.

Yes, you should have done a medical prior and submitted it with the OWP app in order to work with children.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=183&top=17

amandeep12

Oct 17, 2019
hello experts,
I have a question regarding removing the condition from my work permit.
I have received my PGWP from border services, but at that time I wasn't aware about this condition. But I want to work in health care and now I did the medical exam and the physician updated my medicals.
So, how can I remove this condition?
Can I apply it by myself online and if so, what I should write in letter of explantion?
Can anyone please give me suggestions.
thank you

Amandeep

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello experts,
I have a question regarding removing the condition from my work permit.
I have received my PGWP from border services, but at that time I wasn't aware about this condition. But I want to work in health care and now I did the medical exam and the physician updated my medicals.
So, how can I remove this condition?
Can I apply it by myself online and if so, what I should write in letter of explantion?
Can anyone please give me suggestions.
thank you

Amandeep
You can apply online to change conditions on your work permit or you can flagpole a few weeks after the medical to try to change conditions.

Marioncd75

Oct 30, 2021
Vous pouvez faire une demande en ligne pour modifier les conditions de votre permis de travail ou vous pouvez faire une mât de drapeau quelques semaines après l'examen médical pour essayer de modifier les conditions.
[/CITATION]
Salut !
J'ai un permis d'études qui me permet de travailler au Canada mais qui restreint les domaines dans lesquels je suis autorisé à travailler (soins de santé, garde d'enfants). J'ai travaillé un mois et demi à temps plein comme animatrice (animatrice?) de camp de jour cet été et j'ai fait l'équivalent de 5 jours de remplacement entre août et octobre en tant qu'animatrice dans une école primaire. Dès que j'ai réalisé que je faisais quelque chose que je n'aurais peut-être pas le droit de faire, j'ai immédiatement appelé mon employeur pour lui dire que je ne reviendrais pas au travail avant d'avoir résolu cette situation. Étant en dernière année d'un baccalauréat en éducation, J'ai besoin de faire des stages à l'école primaire et je ne sais pas si je dois changer mon permis et faire l'examen médical pour cela. Si oui, ma question est : est-ce que j'écris d'abord à IRCC pour expliquer la situation en détail et m'excuser ? Ou devrais-je écrire toutes ces explications sur le nouveau formulaire de demande ?
J'ai peur d'être exclu du pays ou de me voir refuser mon prochain permis/visa. Je sais que je dois dire à l'immigration que j'ai fait ce travail. Mais je ne sais pas quelle est la meilleure façon de le faire...

Aussi, le bureau international de mon Université m'a conseillé d'attendre 6 mois avant de demander une modification de permis et de dire que j'avais fait ce travail (concernant l'article R221 alinéa R200 (3) de la loi sur l'immigration). Mais 6 mois c'est beaucoup et je suis très stressé..

Donyaesk

Jun 19, 2023
I have the same condition, are you sure that I can remove the condition by flagpoling?