+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

open work permit for my spouse

shiwanj

May 15, 2018
hello this is shiwani. I am an international student in canada since december 2016. I am still studying in seneca college under business program and my course will finish in december. When i came canada in december 2016 i was not married and i got married in february 2018. As, me and my spouse were in relationship from last five years. Now i want to apply for my husband. I want to ask whether I am eligible to sponser him for viistor visa or open work permit. I am 23 years and he is 24 and moreover we got court marriage in february with our rituals and we have all the pictures of our marriage. So i want to ask whether i am eligible to sponser my spouse here. If yes than what is best for me to apply open work permit or visitor visa. My husband is Assistant Manager at Dominos Pizza in India and has 5 years of experience in this field.

Harvy72

Sep 24, 2018
You should apply for open work permit as in most of the cases visitor visa gets declined. It is better to apply after you finish your study when you get work permit. Then you can sponser your partner. There are Some requirements for open work permit. You must be working under a NoC code O A B. I am not suggesting you to apply now because your study permit is gonna finish soon. The chances will be less if you apply now. Its better to wait untill you get you PGWP.